열 넷

I don't know why, but you infuriate me~

Jeongguk spritzers a light mist of cologne behind his ears and chest

Jeongguk spritzers a light mist of cologne behind his ears and chest. Rolling up his sleeves to his elbows, he continued to glance at himself in the mirror, perfecting his appearance.

Jennie was most likely waiting for him at her place, instead of arriving early at the restaurant. She hated public transportation and always hitched a ride with Jeongguk. 

Jeongguk smirked before his phone buzzes a couple of times.

Hey, won't be able to make it for dinner

 Next time? 

:(

The man's ego slightly deflated as he reasoned within himself why she'd cancel.

Third time this month.

Jeongguk scoffs lightly, trying to not think of the worst. A pound on the door breaks the man from his trance as he rushes to open it.

A raven-haired woman smiles brightly at the man, as he frowns.

"Is everything alright with Hye Jin?"

Hana nods, standing outside patiently.

"Then why are you here?" Jeongguk glares, as he crosses his strong, veiny arms over his chest, and cocks his head.

"I thought maybe...we can hang out?" Hana shrugs her shoulders, as she eyes the taller man.

He sighs softly, "Look, it was kind of you to alert me about...the whole situation but whatever happened changed nothing."

Hana's heart shatters, tears welling up in her tired, brown eyes, "We can at least try to remain, friends, right?"

Jeongguk murmurs quietly to himself. The poor girl looked so desperate, with her bottom lip quivering and eyes somber with tears.

But why couldn't they become friends?

Jeongguk had an underlying prejudice against her but by default. Hana never has shown reasons why she shouldn't be trusted or hated.

In fact, she was just the opposite. Which was more terrifying.

Jeongguk rolled his eyes before nodding, "I guess."

Hana perks up a bit, a teardrop rolling down her cheek before she can stop it, she looks down.

"Thanks," her voice cracks.