Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Storm

Start from the beginning

"But not Molly," Eden pointed out. "She won't matter in the romantic aspect. There will be only respect as the mother of the baby but that's it. You won't have to worry about Molly interfering with you and Ridge anymore."

She a good point. Eden really was a great friend. She always knew the right things to say when I needed them most. I appreciated her so much more and I should have from the very beginning of our friendship.

"Thank you, Eden," I smiled, turning to wrap my arms around her. She hugged me back, chuckling that I was going to stain her shirt with the blood I had. I laughed lightly, still holding her in a tight embrace.

Suddenly, I felt Eden growl. I frowned, pulling back a bit to see her brown eyes narrowed. She was staring over my shoulder and when I turned around, it was because of Molly marching---not walking---marching towards Eden and I. With a purpose.

With a short glance to the crowd still chattering, laughing and enjoying the start of the celebration to their newly proclaimed Alpha, I realized that Ridge had his back turned, talking to my family and his mother. He wasn't seeing who was approaching me.

I felt my jaw tighten once Molly stood in front of us. Her parents had joined her, catching up to stand like lap dogs behind her. 

Molly's posture was as it always was; confident. She placed her hands on her hips, deliberately looking me up and down. Her blue eyes met mine, her nose up in the air. 

Beside me, Eden growled. She was annoyed, obviously.

"Don't you look pretty," Molly scoffed, eyeing in distaste my bloodied clothing. 

Raising a brow, I crossed my arms and then looked down at my person, taking my time on purpose before looking up at the blonde. I nodded, thanking her though I knew she hadn't been complimenting me. 

Molly rolled her eyes, muttering back to me that wasn't a compliment. (See. I told you.)

With a short glance at Eden, Molly shot her a sneer and I stepped in front of Eden, breaking the contact. 

"Is there something you need?" I asked tightly. I was willing to be civil with Molly for the sake of that baby she was carrying but I would not let Molly think it okay to act how she wanted to whoever. Especially Eden and my family.

Crossing her arms to mirror my posture, Molly stuck her chin up again. She raised a perfectly shaped brow, her pouty lips pinched like she ate a lemon. After giving me another obvious once over, Molly told me that I shouldn't get too comfortable.

What the hell did that mean?

I raised a brow back at her. "Sorry?"

Molly ignored my confusion and instead scolded me. "You should be ashamed of yourself for being such a bad friend to me!"

My brows shot up, craning my neck forward and I blinked a few times while Eden scoffed, stepping around me to growl, "Are you fucking kidding me right now, Molly?" 

Took me a moment, but I sensed that we were not alone now. I looked over where some of those in the pack caught wind of our conversation (argument?) and looked our way. Even Ridge and my family turned around. Ridge's brows furrowed, jaw clenched as he carefully narrowed his eyes, assessing the situation.

"This has nothing to do with you, Eden!" Molly snapped. She growled back at my best friend while I inserted an arm between them, pushing Eden back a bit to calm her down. My friend was still glaring at the blonde over my shoulder who ranted, "I have a matter to settle with Gigi! So why don't you just back the fuck off!"