Chapter 32: The New Hokage

After our deal, I could see someone talking to Gaara's team captain. He seemed mad, but had no choice but to accept it. soon enough, the sand trio were standing with solemn faces. I'm guessing it was because their plans got cancelled but oh well. They would get over it eventually. The matches passed one by one with everything going according to plan. That is until it was finally time for sasuke's match. They fought and fought. Gaara got hurt and started screaming bloody murder and before I knew it, Shukaku's tail was flailing around from the little hole in the sand dome. I walked out quickly as the hokage, and released the jutsu. there's no way I'm letting Sasuke fight him when he's like that.

I walked into the arena just when Sasuke was about to jump back into action. I stood quite a bit of distance away from them. the crowd's eyes were zooming from me, to Sasuke, to Shukaku's tail. "Sasuke, that's enough." I said in a definitive tone. He didn't even glance at me in the beginning. "Elle, this is my match. I'm going to finish what I started." I walked over and stood in front of him, my back to him. He isn't going to stop, is he? Think. Think...I whispered in a tone that only he would hear. "Leave this match and I'll tell you where he is." His eyes widened before they continued to glare at my back. Thankfully, that was enough to make him stand down. "Gaara, this match is over." I said in a louder tone this time. His tail lashed out, hitting right next to me but I didn't budge. He missed on purpose. He could've easily hit me. "Elle, GET OUT OF THERE! ARE YOU CRAZY?!" I heard Naruto scream from the participants' stand. I walked forward with confident steps until I reached the sand dome. I could feel the immense chakra within. I ignored the shivers running up my spine and I put my hand on the dome. Shukaku's tail was flailing around me but not hitting me. I infused my chakra into Gaara's sand and made a little opening. My heart instantly shattered at the sight. Gaara looked so scared and in pain. I smiled reassuringly at him and cupped his cheeks with my hands. "I've got you." I said as I spread medical ninjutsu around him. His wound slowly started closing and Shukaku's tail stopped jerking violently. Now, it was simply curving around the dome. "I want to talk to him." I said to Gaara who was just staring at me. not glaring just staring. Not seeing a reaction I closed my eyes and entered his mind.

It was just like Naruto's. There was a thin layer of water on the ground and a huge cage. Gaara stood in front of the cage while I stood a little more to the back. "I thought it would look like that." I could hear a devilish snicker from behind the huge cage. "You're the brat that suppressed my chakra earlier! I will kill you!" his screams sounded from the darkness in the cage. Gaara turned around slowly his eyes widening. "you? How are you here?" I smiled slightly at his surprise. "I came to make sure everything is ok in here." I walked over to him cheerfully. "no! get out! he'll hurt you! I can't protect you here!" he shouted at me mad. I giggled slightly. "Don't worry about him hurting me. I don't think he's as bad as he pretends to be." I heard the demon snicker again. "I mean he could've easily rejected my chakra. He could've not let me in the sand dome." Gaara looked thoughtfully at me. "I think he just needs a bit of love, just like anyone." Shukaku laughed this time. His laugh echoed around us, making it even more scary sounding. I turned around to Shukaku's direction. He stepped forward, showing his huge form. "oh hey, I get to finally see the great one tailed biju, Shukaku." He grinned a sinister grin. "what do you want brat?" he asked intrigued. "I didn't want to suppress your chakra cause that's just rude, so I came to ask you to back down." He laughed again. "you're funny brat. What makes you think I'll listen to you?" I shrugged slightly. "I don't really know. Honestly, you have no reason to." he laughed again. "hey! Quit laughing at me!" I screamed at him with an irk mark but that just made him laugh harder. "Shukakuuu! I'm serious." He stopped his laughing slightly to take a breath. "I like you brat! You're entertaining! Fine, I'll back away this time." With that he hid back into his cave. "thanks! I'll visit again!" I said as I waved in his direction and released the mind invasion.