Chapter 2: New Beginnings

Beep beep beep beep

For most people, waking up to the sound of a heart monitor would make them freak out, so that's exactly what I did. I opened my eyes in panic, just to be blinded by the sunlight and shut them back up as fast as I could. I really wanted to keep them closed and go back to sleep but I had to look around at some point. Carefully this time, I opened my eyes. I was in a medium sized white room, with a heart monitor and an IV next to the bed I was sleeping on. The IV was slowly dripping into a tube that's connected to my arm. I could tell I was in a hospital but I couldn't figure out where so I decided that asking a nurse would be the best option. I looked for a button to call over the nurse but there were no buttons, as a matter of fact there was barely any technology in this room. I had no choice but to get off the bed.

Grumbling to myself about how much effort I had to do in the morning, I pushed the covers away and walked off the bed. I quickly realized that I wasn't in my regular clothes but in a hospital gown. Oh well, I'll change later. I walked away from the bed only to be stopped by a pain shooting up my arm. I quickly turned to look at the source of the pain only to see the IV leaking out on the floor and my arm dripping blood. Leave it to me to forget I was attached to a tube. I wiped the blood on my hospital gown and walked out of the room, leaving behind a mess. I looked around the long white halls. I wonder where I can find a nurse around here. I guess if I just keep walking, I'll run into someone eventually.

I walked until I reached a lobby of some sort. I walked to the nurse sitting behind the desk and cleared my throat. She looked at me and smiled until she saw the blood on my gown and dripping down my arm. She walked around her desk and bent down so that she's eye level with me. She looked at me concerned and started talking...Japanese? Am I in Japan!? I tapped her shoulder and told her I don't understand but she seemed just as confused as me. I realized that talking won't help so I stayed quiet and pulled her along to the room I came from. She said something again, but I still had no idea what she was saying.

Once we reached my room, I pointed to the IV and then to my arm. She seemed to understand what happened. She nodded and walked up to me. She grabbed my arm and put her hand on top of it. Then, out of nowhere, THE LADY'S HAND STARTED GLOWING GREEN. I was shocked to say the least. My eyes were wide, and my jaw dropped as I saw my torn skin begin to heal. It was amazing. The green glow had a calming feel to it. I was enjoying the feeling when it suddenly stopped. I looked at my arm and there was no injury anymore. I looked up at the lady and smiled in thanks. She walked me over to the bathroom and cleaned the blood off my arm then pointed to the bed and said something. I assumed she wanted me to stay in bed, so I walked over to the bed and laid down. She came after me and checked my file, her eyes grew big and she said something as she ran out the room. I can swear I heard her say hokage-sama but that would be ridiculous.

Ok, time to think here. my eyebrows furrowed as I was matching up different scenarios in my head that would lead me here. I can't be in Japan since I'm pretty sure japan is a) an ocean away from where I live and b) japan has to have some sort of technology in it. I can't believe I'm about to say this but the theory that makes the most sense is that I somehow ended up in a parallel universe where some sort of magic exists. It's either that or I lost my mind. As I was going through theory after theory, my thoughts were interrupted by a strange feeling. It felt overwhelming. It was calm and collected but extremely strong at the same time. The door opened a few seconds later and my eyes almost bulged out of my head. The third hokage walked in my room with a serious expression on his face. I got off my bed and walked over to him in a sort of trans. I am actually losing my mind. How can this be real? Is this real? Am I dreaming? I reached the hokage and looked up at him. This can't be real; it has to be a dream. I stopped my walking for a second and looked down at my arm. I guess I can test this new theory.

Hokage's POV:

I was sitting in my office doing some paperwork when somebody knocked on my door. "Enter" I said to whoever was standing at the door. A nurse walked in with a clipboard. She looked out of breath, like she was running. "Hokage-sama the girl is awake!" She said in between pants. I put my hand out and she gave me the clipboard she had in her hands. So that's the girl she was talking about. A couple of weeks ago, the guards found an unconscious girl, covered in a blanket, in front of the village gates. I knew that taking her into the village could be a risk, but I couldn't just leave her out there. "When did she wake up?" I said in a curious tone. The nurse had finally regained her breath, so she was speaking more calmly than before. "I'm not sure, I tried asking her, but she didn't seem to understand me." That made me even more curious, "How so?" "She looked confused whenever I talked to her and when she tried to talk to me, she spoke in this language I have never heard before." So, the girl wasn't from around here. She could be a possible threat to the leaf's safety. I better check it out myself, "lead me to her." I ordered, she nodded, and we left the room.

We walked into the hospital straight to her room. I entered the room to see a young-looking girl, about 10 or 11, looking at me shocked. I looked at her tying to observe any tiny movement to asses if she was a threat or not. Her eyes lit up with recognition as she got off the hospital bed. She walked all the way across the room towards me. Her walk seems unstable and her posture isn't that of a trained ninja, but I still have to be careful. She stopped in front of me and looked up. She looked like she was observing me just as much as I was observing her. she suddenly broke eye contact and looked down at her arm. She turned around and headed to the other side of the room. She picked up something off the floor. I believe it was some sort of needle. Why would she need that?

Elle's POV:

I stood there with the needle in my hand deep in thought. I know I can feel pain since it hurt when I took this out, so how else can I test this dream theory. Dreams always end when you die so maybe I could... My thought trailed off as I adjusted the needle in my hand so that I was holding it like a weapon. Ok, I'll shove the needle in my neck. Worst case scenario, this is not a dream and my life falls into that nurse's hands. Best case scenario, my theory is confirmed, and I wake up in my bed. Here goes nothing, I guess.

Hokage's POV:

I tensed as the girl adjusted the needle in her hand. Was she going to attack with a mere needle? I was ready for anything as the girl swung the needle... towards her neck?! I stood there dumbfounded at the girl in front of me and the nurse rushed to her. Was she trying to kill herself? She fell to her knees in pain. The nurse was about to pull the needle out when the girl smacked her hand away. She said something in a truly unfamiliar language. As hokage, I came across many languages, almost all if I may say so myself, but I never heard that language once in my life. The nurse was trying to get closer to the girl, but she kept smacking her hands away. She kept backing away from the nurse until her back was to the wall. A ghost of a smile appeared on her face before she closed her eyes and her body went limp. The nurse finally rushed over to the girl and pulled the needle out and treated the wound using medical ninjutsu. The girl was on the verge of death and she has lost a lot of blood, but it looks like we were able to save her just in time. I was so beyond confused about the girl's actions. Did she think she was caught by the enemy? But if she killed herself using that needle, we would still have access to her corpse. She really didn't seem like a ninja in the first place. Was she just suicidal? But if she was, she could've waited till she was alone. None of her actions made any sense to me. Once she is awake, we will have to send her to Inoichi to look through her memories. Maybe then we'll be able to understand if she is a threat or not.