Chapter 6: New Family

Kakashi's POV

I walked over to the Hokage's office, thinking about what happened. I can't let her live by herself. She will just spiral into her old habits again. I will discuss that with the hokage, but first I need to report on my mission. I entered the building and knocked on the Hokage's door, "Come in." I walked in with a serious look on my face. "Lord hokage, I'm here to report to you on my mission." He nodded, "Well, was the mission a success?". "I believe so. I have all the information you asked for and I can guarantee that Elle is not a threat to the village." He seemed pleased with my answer. "Can you tell me what makes you so sure?". I shook my head in response. "Sorry lord hokage but I cannot tell you what I learned. It is personal information that I was trusted with and I cannot betray that trust. I ask you to please trust my judgement." He smiled, "Looks like the girl grew on you Kakashi." I chuckled a bit and nodded. "She certainly has. That's partly why I'm here." he raised an eyebrow at my statement and urged me to go on. "I would like to be the official guardian of Elle Candel." He seemed shocked at my statement but smiled non the less. "That makes me even more curious about this information that you have. Never thought I'd see the day when Kakashi Hatake adopted a child." He laughed at the end. I smiled at his joke and scratched the back of my head awkwardly. "You have my consent Kakashi. Just let me go prepare the adoption papers." I bowed and thanked him as he left the room.

-Time skip-

Elle's POV

I woke up to the sound of birds chirping. I was in a significantly better mood than yesterday. I smiled to myself as I put my sandals on and headed for the flower shop. I had an early morning shift today. I walked in and smiled at the lady. She smiled at me and showed me how to work the cashier. It was pretty simple, so I didn't need a verbal explanation to understand it. I nodded to her once she was done and waved goodbye as she left the store. People came in and out, bought all sorts of flowers. Till now, I had no issues with this job. Besides, the place smelled great. A couple of hours passed, and Ino walked into the store. I waved at her and handed her the apron. She asked me something, but I didn't understand so I just singed to her that I don't talk. She shrugged and gave me my pay for the hours I worked. I smiled at her and ran out of the store with my money in my pocket. I walked around the village bored. What should I do now? I can try to train a bit, but I would have no idea what I'm doing. Maybe I can head to the library. I'm sure they have some kid's books that can help me learn Japanese. I nodded to myself and walked in the direction where I thought I saw the library. I was walking for a couple of minutes now when I saw Kakashi. I smiled and waved at him and he did the same back. I walked over to him "Hi Kakashi, what are you doing here?" He pointed to the bookstore next to him and I nodded. "I talked to the hokage yesterday and everything is almost ready. I just need you to sign some papers." I gave him a confused look and he just laughed at me. "You'll understand once you see the papers." I smiled at his response and shrugged. "How about we go sign them after lunch?" I looked at him hesitantly, but he gave me a reassuring smile and I nodded. We walked over to a place nearby, talking about nonsense. When we entered the restaurant, a lady came up to us and led us to a nearby table. I looked through the menu and landed on a small plate that doesn't have much food, granted it was on the appetizer's menu. I could also afford to pay for it myself so that's great too. Me and Kakashi ordered our food and sat there waiting. "Kakashi, when are we going to start my training? I wanted to train this morning, but I didn't know where to start. I want to be able to graduate with this year's graduates." He thought for a second before answering. "How about we start tomorrow morning? I can pick you up after your shift." I nodded excitedly, "That would be awesome!" the waitress came with our food. She placed my dumplings in front of me and whatever Kakashi ordered in front of him. I took a deep breath and started eating. The food was good, but I was only able to eat one before my stomach started hurting. Not in the mood to throw up, I pushed my plate away. Kakashi gave me a questioning look. "I tried." I said shrugging. He smiled and went back to eating his food. I made sure to look away from him while he was eating so that he doesn't have to rush to get his mask back on. I wonder what papers he was talking about. I'm really curious! Wait...I can't even understand what's written on the papers. *sigh* I'll just have to trust Kakashi to tell me what's written. I waited for a couple of minutes before I saw Kakashi waving for the waitress to get our bill. The waitress came and I handed her the price for my plate and got up. Kakashi did the same and we walked to the Hokage's office together in comfortable silence.