Chapter 22: The Plan

I had been in the hospital for a couple of days now. Every day, I woke up to find Kakashi sitting next to my bed with breakfast and today was no different. "look who's finally up." He said in a low voice from his chair. You see, we had established a sort of system to keep me calm. He speaks in a low voice and stays off the bed and I eat my meals and listen to the doctors in return. It was a very effective one at that. I looked at the clock to see that it was already 11. "Dammit, I slept in again! Why didn't you wake me up?" He shrugged putting his book away, "You looked peaceful." I scoffed at him and got up for the bathroom. I looked in the mirror at my scared form. I had a gash running down my eyebrow and multiple others on my arms and legs. It was like looking at another person. It was really hard suppressing the memories that came with every scar but I somehow seemed to manage. I got cleaned up and went back out. Kakashi was still there but this time he had three genin sitting quietly next to him. I smiled at them and walked over to sit on my bed. "Hey guys! What are you doing here so early?" Naruto smiled at me brightly, "we came to check on you, BELIEVE IT!" Sakura nodded quickly, "We were so worried when we heard you had been kidnapped." Sasuke was just sitting on the side, like the emotionless duckbutt he was. "thanks for coming guys, really, but I'm fine! They're just a few scratches!" sakura shook her head furiously, "You were gone for a whole week! I can't even imagine what they did to you during that time." She said with a sad tone. I laughed slightly at how much she sounded like my mom. "I really am fine. You guys shouldn't waste your time here. You should be training for the... OMG WHY DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING?!!" I jumped out of bed and started pacing around the room. How could I forget! Of course, the chunin exams are coming up! I didn't even start planning anything. I stopped my pacing and took a couple of deep breaths. "Elle, are you ok?" Kakashi asked in a concerned tone. I nodded at him, "yeah... just thinking." I sat down on the ground, and started thinking again. Ok major events coming up, the Hokage's death, Sasuke's curse mark, and Rock Lee's injury. Lets go in order then, should I save the hokage? If I do save him, I won't be able to tell what's going to happen. Also, Tsunade might not come to the village otherwise. Guess I'll have to let that one play out. I sighed deeply at my thoughts and got up, feeling the need to move again. Ok, sasuke's curse mark. I should let him get it but I have to seal it right away. So I need to learn a sealing jutsu. While I'm on that, I think I shouldn't help sakura with the chunin exams since she needs the character development. I stopped my pacing and went and laid on my bed. As for Rock Lee's injury, it played no significant role in the plot so I think I can prevent it. Ok, I got this! I just need to get ready now. I sat up quickly and smiled at myself. Sometimes my brain amazes me. I looked over at the genin and started thinking. "ok guys I have an unofficial mission for you." I said with the most serious voice I could summon. "Sasuke, I need you to find me some sealing jutsus. Sakura, I need you to go work on your stamina. Naruto, I want you to go to Shikamaru and make him help you study what we took in the academy." The genin looked at me seriously, their attitudes changing. "trust me on this you guys. Now go, you're dismissed." They all nodded and one by one left the room to go do what I told them. Kakashi was looking at me amazed, "how did you get them to do that?" I laughed slightly, "some of us are just born with it." He smiled at my answer before getting serious. "Did you have another vision?" I nodded slightly, sighing. "Yes and it's a lot so I need your help." He nodded hesitantly, "Is there anything you can tell me?" I sighed again and scratched the back of my head while thinking. "well, Sakura is going to step up her game and so will Naruto. I'm also trying to prevent an injury so there's that." I was very careful with my words. I didn't want to let anything slip. "That's the good stuff anyways" I shrugged and looked back at him. He seemed to be deep in thought, "What do you need my help with?" I jumped out of bed and into active position. "I need you to train me, and not the baby training you do with the genin, the serious kind. I need to be able to hold my own in front of the hokage if I have to." His eyes widened at my last statement and he got really hesitant with agreeing. "I said if I have to, trust me, I won't be fighting the hokage anytime soon." He released a breath of relief before agreeing to help me, and from there, my week of hell began. I would wake up, be forced to eat, train till I can't stand anymore, and fall asleep again. Every now and then the genin would stop by and report on what I told them to do but once they were gone, it would go back to Kakashi's ruthless training. It almost made me miss the times when he thought I was too weak to be trained but that was out of the window the moment our new training started.

Flashback:

"Elle can we please get on with it? I didn't sneak you out of the hospital so that you can sit around in the training grounds." I sighed and got up. "fine, fine! Here, all better?" he released a deep breath, already done with my childish behavior. "Since you have been training by yourself, I want to see how far you've come." I jumped up and down clapping, "yes, finally! I've been wanting to show someone what I can do!" he stepped a couple of steps back and leaned on a tree, "well, looks like this is your chance." Motioning with his hand to the empty field in front of us.

I stepped forward, running through a list of my jutsus in my head. Come on, Elle. this is your chance to prove yourself to him. show him how much you grew. I took a deep breath and turned to Kakashi, my childish demeanor melting away as I got serious. "all of these are my personal custom made jutsus. They require no hand signs and mostly consist of chakra control." He nodded at me getting just as serious. I went on to explain the first one. "the first one is my chakra creation technique. It basically allows me to create chakra out of thin air. Sadly, it does take time and concentration so it can't be used in the middle of a battle." With my explaining done, I sat down and started making chakra. Once I had enough chakra to perform the rest of the jutsus, I got up. Kakashi still had his serious poker face on but this time his Sharingan was uncovered. "how much chakra can you create at a time?" I thought about it for a second, "the most I was able to do was quadruple my reserves." He nodded seeming satisfied with my answer and motioned for me to go on. "next up is my chakra transfer technique, which is the one I used on the boat on the way to the land of waves. I'm not going to do it again since you've already seen it." He didn't say anything so just kept going. "next I guess is the chakra shield which you've also seen. There's also the chakra suppression jutsu which is pretty self-explanatory. It suppresses the enemy's chakra but I still haven't figured out how to undo it so I can't really try it on you. Then there's my version of chakra strings which are actually tubes. Last but not least, here comes my favorite. It's also the hardest one and it's unfinished but it's definitely the coolest. I introduce, MY CHAKRA TRANSPORTATION TECHNIQUE!" he smiled slightly, finally breaking his poker face. "this better be as great as it sounds." He said with a smug look on his face. "oh, it is!" eager to try out this technique again, I turned around and attached a chakra string to a tree on the other side of the field. Putting all my might into it, I preformed the jutsu. I opened my eyes to see that it was successful. "did you see that! I did it!" Kakashi was looking around the field to see where I went. I waved furiously waiting for him to see me. Once he did, he smiled brightly. "looks like you're stronger than you're letting on." I smiled and jumped up and down happily, excited that I was able to do the jutsu properly. That is until I got really dizzy and everything went black. Guess I still used up too much chakra.