Chapter 9: The Storyline

I woke up early next morning, grunting at my lack of proper sleep. the sun was shining brightly on the village and birds were singing happily. The village's morning happy vibes put me in an instantly good mood. I felt calm while laying in my bed, under my covers, enjoying the sound of the birds chirping outside my window. I didn't want to end this peaceful moment but I had to get up and go to work. Nowadays I only take opening shifts early in the morning so that I can go to the academy on time. It was pretty exhausting attending school, training and working part time but you do what you have to do.

I left the apartment looking significantly better than when I woke up. I was wearing my usual ninja gear with my short hair down. I walked the streets of Konoha, smiling at anyone I made eye contact with. I wasn't doing it on purpose. It just became a habit over time. Walking into the flower shop, I greeted Mrs. Yamanaka. She smiled at me and handed me an apron. We didn't share many words, just the usual, before she left me to work. Time passed slowly since almost no one came in this early in the morning. I decided that I could leave the cashier for a couple of seconds and head into the back room to organize it. Just as I walked in, I heard the door opening and someone walking in. I was about to walk back out when I froze in my place. I was face to face with Kakashi. He looked at me with an emotionless gaze and my heart shattered all over again. I can't do this right now. I looked at him mirroring his emotionless gaze. "leave the money at the counter." I said and turned back into the backroom. I closed the door after me and fell to the floor. I didn't think it would hurt this much to see him again. I refused to let my tears out not wanting to deal with a red puffy face. I took deep breaths and collected my thoughts. This is for the best.

When I heard the door close again, I walked back out. I was relieved to see that he left. I took the money he left at the cashier and put it where it belongs. Today's going to be a long day.

Once my shift was over, I walked out of the shop thinking of what I had to do next. I needed to deal with my malnutrition and my blood pressure. Technically if I deal with my malnutrition, it will help with my blood pressure as well so we'll start with that. To the hospital it is! I walked through the busy streets till I reached the hospital. I ducked inside the building thankful for being away from the crowds outside. I took a deep breath and headed over to the nurse in the front desk. She looked at me and the blood seemed to drain from her face. "HEY! YOU'RE THE GIRL WITH THE NEEDLE." She screamed, alerting all the people in the room. I sweat dropped at her reaction and scratched the back of my head. "Hi again." I laughed sheepishly. "I want to book an appointment please." I said still smiling with embarrassment. "WHAT?! YOU TALK JAPANESE!" More people started looking at us. I chuckled filling with even more embarrassment, "yes, I do. But can you please stop screaming." She looked around realizing the scene she caused. She started again, this time in a way calmer tone. "Sorry about that, hehehe. you said you wanted to book an appointment?" I nodded at her. I ended up with an appointment at 3 o'clock. After she took down my information, I left the hospital and decided to go to the academy.

-Time skip-

I knocked on the door and waited for Iruka to answer. I was 2 hours late but at least I'm here now. Seems like my trip to the hospital took longer than I expected. I heard a 'come in' from the other side and I walked in. "sorry I'm late. Can I take a seat?" I asked respectfully. He thankfully didn't scream at me and just nodded. I walked in and sat in my usual seat next to Sasuke. Naruto wasn't here yet which is weird. He is usually here on time. My eyes widened at my realization. Today is the first episode. OMG IT'S FINALLY STARTING. I NEED TO SEE THE STONE FACES. EEEEEEP!!!! I excitedly pushed Sasuke away so that I can look out the window. I couldn't believe I was seeing this in person. The great stone faces had splashes of paint all over them. I laughed at the scene in front of me. I could see an orange blob jumping from building to building in the distance. I was snapped out of my entertainment with the feeling of eyes on my back. I looked around to see Sasuke standing behind his seat that I'm currently occupying, glaring at me. turns out, the whole class was watching me with a mix of curiosity and annoyance. "he he he... sorry" I said as I got back to my seat. Sasuke scoffed and sat back down, still glaring at me. I hated the way he was looking at me so to distract him, I just shrugged and pointed to the stone faces. He paused his staring for a second to look at where I was pointing. He smirked at the scene and went back to his emotionless state. It's going to happen anytime now. I sat back and looked at Sasuke. He looked at me with an emotionless gaze. I watched Iruka turn around and started my count down. I put three fingers up, then two, then one and I pointed at the door. Just as I pointed to it, a ninja came busting in telling Iruka about Naruto. He rushed out after the ninja, leaving all the students in their seats. I looked away from the scene to look at Sasuke. He was staring at me with a calculating gaze. "How did you know?" he asked. I just shrugged and smiled. "I know a lot of things, little ducky." I said as I poked his forehead. His eyes widened for a second before they turned to a glare. "What do you mean by that?" I just laughed and got up to go to the bathroom, feeling Sasuke's glare on my back the whole way out.