"I was in Vegas when I heard you were attacked. I had hoped to leave Mystic Falls for good, but duty calls."

Letha slapped his chest with a glare, "Don't talk about Vegas."

Tyler rolled his eyes — the two had never gotten along, mainly due to him being a dick to her little brother constantly since they were little, "Nice to know you care."

"I don't. I should have killed you for the little stunt you and your friends pulled. Stopping my heart, leaving me in a coffin to rot." Letha knew Klaus was restraining himself from strangling Tyler at that second so she placing a comforting hand on his back that Tyler couldn't see.

"Yeah, well you used my body as an escape hatch, then tried to rip my heart out. So, maybe we're even."

"Not even close. But, you hybrids are a dying breed. I can't make more of you, and I won't have anyone taking liberties with the ones I have left." Klaus began to walk away, "Think of them as your new bodyguards."

—————

Letha grumbled walking into the study, being back in Mystic Falls was not something she wanted — having already said her very emotional goodbyes to everyone.

How embarrassing.

"Sorry!" She exclaimed as she noticed a very pretty girl already in the room. Letha placed Rudy down on the sofa quickly, "I didn't know anyone was in here— but obviously you are, you and your very nice face—," she cut herself off as the girl smiled widely at her, "I'm Letha, nice to meet you."

"Hayley," she shook her hand, and Letha cursed in her head that the girl even smelt good, "you're the human screwing the original hybrid right?"

"I can't believe that is what I'm known for." Letha sighed, "but yes, you're right."

"You're a new face." Klaus suddenly appeared, his eyes suspicious as he subtly stepped in front of Letha.

"And I take it from your accent you're an old one. Klaus."

Klaus smiled tightly, "My reputation precedes me. Hopefully not all bad."

"A little bad. Mostly repulsive." Hayley shrugged.

"So, you're a friend of Tyler's? That's strange, he's never mentioned you." He suddenly seemed to tune out of the conversation, Letha now standing at his side noting it was his eavesdropping face, before a devious smile overtook his face, "And I think I know why."

He kissed Letha on the cheek before speeding out of the room, more than likely running off to cause drama like the teenage girl Letha knew he secretly was. She rolled her eyes before picking Rudy back up, "You know, you're not what I expected," Hayley commented, "I was expecting so dark, biker chick or something — you look like literal sunshine."

"Honestly I'm just so evil and full of darkness. I feed off the souls of the living, I strike fear into—,"

"—you're holding a tiny dog wearing socks." Hayley pointed out with a grin.

"He's my second in command in the army of darkness!" Letha exclaimed, "Nah, you got me to be fair. I might have a little bit of a temper — and some newly discovered road rage, but I try to be nice to everyone."

"Why?" Hayley had lived a tough life, where being nice wasn't an option sometimes. You had to be mean or you'd get trodden on.

"Why not?" Letha shrugged, before giving the brunette a blinding smile, "Do you wanna go get some pizza? Nik and Tyler are just going to be having a pissing contest and I can't be bothered for it."

"Sure, why not?"

AUTHORS NOTE!
Another short chapter, but Hayley and Letha are going to be brotp, especially in the originals cause Hayley seriously deserves the world.

I wonder what happened in Vegas??

Also if you've watched Cursed, you might wanna go check out my new Cursed fic, 'Ocean Eyes' — first chapter is out and I'm really enjoying writing it!

Letha @ any given moment

Stay safe! Remember to vote, comment and or share please lovelies!

Unedited
-summer