Yoru & The Soulless

Hisuri dashed across the vast terrain, her kimono billowing in the wind behind her. Whipping at her very face but that was not what alarmed her. What did was the intense scent of graveyard soil, blood and a demonic aura that sent shivers down her spine. Gritting her teeth, Hisuri increased her pace. Bounding from tree to tree before spotting a fairly large castle in the distance. Landing on a sturdy tree branch and training her gaze upon the horizon. Hisuri witnessed a sizable dark stoned castle, though to her surprise many humans continued their daily routines. Reporting to their designated posts, almost as if they were with unaware of the dangers that were at hand. Or perhaps they knew of it and preferred to fight on the winning side.  Though it matters not to Hisuri, she would not kill the humans. For in her eyes for now at least they were innocent in this ploy. As it was a heinous yokai manipulating everything, and Hisuri intended to find him. And end his very existence.

Gritting her teeth Hisuri jumped from her hiding place, tucking her legs beneath her as she carefully rolled into the nearby brush. Just before two human sentries passed by, the tactful Hisuri tucking herself in the colorful bushes. Hiding herself from the humans for the time being, before taking the opportunity to dash into nearby entryway. Sticking to the shadows with her emerald eyes searching every angle. Avoiding every human she possibly could, Hisuri soon found her way into a dimly lit throne room. While at her very feet were multiple bones scattered across the ground. Their bodies twister in painful angles, though upon further inspection; Hisuri gathered that these men had died only days ago. And yet their bodies had already come to a skeletal state, this had to be the work of a demon. And from the sickening stench filling the air, Hisuri knew the culprit was using a very strong miasma. One that Hisuri was sure had caused harm to Shizuka.

Sensing that someone was drawing near of immense demonic aura; Hisuri readied herself. Her right hand upon her katana, prepared for any assault. Only to hear a familiar cold cackle that filled the still air, causing Hisuri's blood to run cold. "Welcome to my castle "Inu-Hime." The voice mocked, Hisuri turning on her heels. Her teeth clenched into a snarl as she shouted. "Show yourself you coward! I'll end you for what you did to my mother!" "Oh? Then what shall become you? After all you caused my mother's demise as well." The yokai questioned from the shadows. Hisuri biting her bottom lip, unable to answer as he drew near. Stepping from the shadows as Hisuri layed eyes on him.

He was a fairly tall man, with broad shoulders covered in onyx poulders of a samurai. His skin was that of deep Sandy hue of the vast deserts. Though part of his face was overcome by violet scales spread across his face. Traveling down the man's neck to his bare chest,which was overcome by the scales as well. A pair of firey lavander horns emerged from his head. Completely made of flames. And his eyes for the irises of them were a brillaint gold while the outer was a deep black. "Y-Your mother...—No." Hisuri muttered in disbelief, stepping back from the Dragon like Yokai as he stepped forward. A sinister smirk ever present on his features as he mocked Hisuri. "That's right, my mother. The Fallen Celestial Maiden; Shinimi." The man declared as a sickly dark violent miasma filled the air around him. Slipping into every crevice of the room and leaking to the outside. Where hundreds of humans succumbed to the poison. Many falling to the ground in a heal of bones, while others ran to no relief. Their very lives ripped from them before they could even truly live. 

"Your mother would have destroyed all the realms in search of blood and power! She couldn't live a moment more!" Hisuri protested as the yokai cackled"It matters not, I Yoru. Son of Shinimi and the Dragon God will end the Dynasty of Sesshomaru. Starting with you. Daughter of Sesshomaru." Yoru spat as he collected a malicious dark purple fire within the palm of his hand. It's low glow giving Yoru an even more sinister look to him as he sent his toxic flames at the waiting Hisuri. With a single slash of her blade silver flames erupted from the path of the blade. Clashing with the toxic flames of Yoru's sending shockwave after shockwave of flames and demonic aura. Scattering about and blinding Hisuri momentarily.

All the while elsewhere in the depths of the Southern Lands; tucked in the mountain side. Naraku sat with Kanna at his side. The two silently witnessing the still corpse before them rise. At first it was a hand that made movement. Reaching towards Naraku in an almost eager manner. And yet the moment Naraku laid eyes upon the woman, he couldn't bear it. He hissed angrily as the image of the fallen Celestial Maiden Shinimi was before him. Her eyes a dull amber hue, devoid of any sense of life or self. She was nothing. A sham, a doll. Seeing this Naraku angrily grabbed a fistful of the woman's hair, forcing her upward and to look him in the eye. It was empty. Everything about her was empty, and yet it filled Naraku with a strange emotion. One he believed he once only held for Kikyo. Longing. But this was not her, this was not what he desired. Seeing this he roughly threw the doll to the ground. It made no noise nor tried to defend itself. Instead it slowly rose to it's feet, baring it's naked form to Naraku and the mark of an incomplete spider on her back.

She then placed her hand upon her neck as brief memories of her head leaving her shoulders made themselves known to the doll. She swallowed hard as her eyes for a brief moment flashed a deep scarlet. One that Naraku recognized. Rage. She held the animosity of Shinimi, and the blood and dormant powers of Shizuka. And maybe just maybe Shinimi would return to this world once more. Why Naraku wished this he did not know, all he knew was that he desired her. Her power, and the world at his feet. And he would have it so. And this empty doll would be the perfect tool to do so.