First Impressions,A valuable Asset

Shizuka watched the silver haired demon before her,already she could tell he had grown quite abit irritated at the fact that she could not really answer his questions. How did she create the barrier? And what was she? Was she a human like everyone else? Or was she the Yokai that everyone in the village had began calling her? Was she evil?

Shizuka shook these many thoughts free before finding the handsome demon mere inches from her. She watched as the demon cracked his knuckles before a dim emerald aura surrounded his claws. Already she could smell the poison oozing from his claws so much it made her want to jump out of her skin.

Yet the beautiful Shizuka maintained her cool exterior as the handsome demon's reached for her,pressing his poison claw mere inches from her neck. "You intend to kill me?"She asked in her normal monotone as the demon smirked " if you do not comply then yes." The demon stated as his poison claw inched closer to her jugular until the familiar high pitched tone of a child rang in her ears.

"Lord Sesshomaru! "The voice called out catching the attention of the demon now called Sesshomaru. He turned his head to see a young Rin with a distressed look on her face as she noticed Shizuka and Sesshomaru. "Rin."Shizuka breathed as the young child ran to her,arms outstretched as Rin hugged Shizuka's legs. All the while peering towards Lord Sesshomaru in utter confusion. "What are you doing My Lord?"Rin asked as Shizuka's hand rested on her shoulder in an effort to soothe the child. For once Sesshomaru was at a lost for words,in truth he intended on killing the human woman. After all what was so special about this one human anyone.

She was indeed beautiful but unlike his half brother Inuyasha and his father Inu no Taisho he was no human lover. The handsome demon gritted his teeth in annoyance before withdrawing his claws from the woman's frail neck,watching as her pale emerald eyes seemed to watch his every movement as if egging him to do something foolish.

Once again Rin questioned Lord Sesshomaru almost as if she was demanding an answer. Which Rin never did. Did this woman somehow influence her? Sesshomaru sighed lightly at the situation before muttering a quick"Nothing."His back now turned towards the two humans.

Rin's grip on Shizuka's legs tightened as she soon found herself nearly breaking down into tears. She knew that Sesshomaru's true intention was to kill her new friend. And something deep inside Rin snapped. She could not allow Shizuka to die,no it was more like she couldn't afford to. Shizuka flashed a reassuring smile towards the child before sweeping Rin into her arms,rocking her ever so slightly. "It's alright I swear to you."Shizuka whispered to Rin before a sudden chill ran down her spine,making her hair stand on end. Something was coming. And fast.

Sesshomaru too sensing the sudden demonic aura turned towards Shizuka who held Rin protectively in her arms. He also noticed how Rin seemed to immediately calm in Shizuka's arms,almost as if....Rin needed her. "Shizuka-"Rin she began in a fearful tone only to be silenced by Shizuka's eyes which slowly began to shift into a translucent hue. "Hush now."She whispered to Rin before making eye contact with Sesshomaru who stared towards the human woman,his in treat officially peaked. She was no normal human,that was obvious. And Sesshomaru wanted to know exactly what she was.

He watched as an ogre demon emerged from the forest swinging it's stone club in all directions. Destroying huts and trees along the way. Sesshomaru immediately stepped forward to protect the humans but he soon realized it was not necessary as a sudden rainbow hued barrier materialized around the three of them. Shizuka glared towards the ogre demon as he slammed his club against her crackling barrier,watching as his weapon disintegrated on contact. The demon roared before Shizuka extended her free hand before her gaze never faltering as she shouted "Begone!" As those words left her lips the demon was overcome by strange translucent flames which ate at him all the way to the bone. He released a horrid cry before his bones became nothing but dust in the wind.

Slowly fatigue took over Shizuka as her pupils returned to their normal hue. She released a struggled gasp as she began to fall face first to the ground before darkness took her. Although before she fell she and Rin were effortlessly brought into Sesshomaru's strong grip. He quietly eyed the strange woman in his arms,deciding she would be a useful asset to him.

Sesshomaru sighed before making his way out of the destroyed village with both Rin and Shizuka in tow.