Rotten

After what seemed as if she had flown countless hours away from home. The Dragoness sensing all was well for the time being took shelter within forest below. All the while gently retracting her wings, and holding onto the continuing burning up body of Hisuri. Leaning her against a nearby tree, the Dragoness took the time to examine the fallen Hisuri. Biting her bottom lip as she realized this poison was working fast. And she needed help. It was then that the Dragoness slung the weakened Hisuri on her back before following the faint smell of humans in the air. The Dragoness knowing that any human priest or priestess could possibly tend to the poisoned Hisuri. Burdened by the fever which continued to worsen for Hisuri, The Dragoness picked up the pace. Her inhuman speed causing others to see them as a mere blur. As the Dragoness and Hisuri soon found themselves in a small yet bustling village.

Its many occupants of both young and old, waltzing down the barren road with smiles on their faces. Smiles that had been absent from the Dragoness's sight for far too long. Grunting slightly Hisuri gripped onto the shoulders of the Dragoness through clammy hands. Her once flawless complexion and eyes lit up with so much love. Was now swimming in pain yet even so the young maiden held her head high. "T-thank you for bringing me this far." Hisuri said through ragged breath as the young woman began to protest. Insisting that she could make it on her own.

Almost as if Hisuri was blind to the fact that she herself was still in danger. As Hisuri demanded she be put down, and to her wishes the Dragoness did so. Allowing Hisuri to stand on her feet, which didnt last long as a heavy wave of fatigue washed over Hisuri. Immedistly she became deathly pale, bile now beginning to spew from her lips as she let out a ragged cry into the air. Her very insides feeling as if they were on fire. The Dragoness rushed to Hisuri's side, realizing that her screams had drawn the attention of all of the villagers.

Falling backwards into the arms of the Dragoness,Hisuri's body to convulse violently. The Dragoness holding Hisuri's head straight and trying her best to hold her body down. Hoping to ensure their would be no further injury to the Messiah. Many of the villagers questioning what was wrong with Hisuri. As the crowd noticed the sudden appearance of the poison on Hisuri's body. The poison peeking from underneath the yukata Hisuri wore. Large gashes of violet poison in the shape of hand prints. The very same hands belonging to that poisonous woman on the mountain.

The very same woman whom killed the Dragoness's father. But for what purpose? Gritting her teeth the Dragoness began to pull Hisuri into her arms only to be interrupted by the appearance of an elderly priestess. The woman was infact no stranger to this world, as the wrinkles of time had already begun to have their way with her body. Hunched over slightly, the woman drew near. An eyepatch which seemed to hide an old war wound of the woman. Upon her appearance the villagers bowed their heads in respecta both young and old.

The elderly priestess eyed the Dragoness and then turned her gaze to Hisuri. The striking resemblance to Shizuka almost unreal to the old woman. As she stepped back in utter shock. It was true she had witnessed the Moonless Night many months ago. She had seen the swarm of demons heading west. But she did not realize that Shizuka was infact with child. Her hands shaking the woman introduced herself as Kaede. And beckoned the Dragoness to follow her home. Stating she wished to help cure Hisuri. When the Dragoness questioned why and to whom the old womans loyalties lay. She simply answered "Life."

Satisfied with her answer the Dragoness followed Kaede with Hisuri in tow. The three soon entering a sizable hut. Where Hisuri was then layed down on the wood floor mat. A blanket covering her clammy body as Kaede began to examine Hisuri. Taking her pulse along with taking her temperature. She also noticed the toxins which began to spew from Hisuri's lips once more. Wiping the liquid away before noticing the bruise hued liquid continued to bubble and burn. Telling Kaede that this was a poison she was not capable of purging on her own.

Biting her bottom lip Kaede then examined the 5 large purplish gashes which marred Hisuri's neck and chest. Which ever so slowly began to spread across her body. Stopping around the heart to Kaede's fear. Averting her gaze to the ground she spoke hwe words enraging the Dragoness who flipped over a table in anger. "I cannot purge this poison from her. Its spreading at a fast rate. And soon will sink into her very heart. And end the child....I am sorry." Kaede whispered into the air as the Dragoness roared in anger. Tears evident in her orbs as she cried out. " I was too slow! I-I'm sorry!" The Dragoness began as she slumped to her knees. Her tearfilled gaze turned towards the unconscious Hisuri. " I failed you Messiah." The Dragoness choked as a new face entered the tense hut. The young woman's gaze landing on the sickly form of Hisuri. Catching the Dragoness's attention as she rose to her feet and stood firmly in front of Hisuri. Prepared to strike this intruder if she must.

"Ye stop! Tis only Kagome!" Kaede called out as the Dragoness had her left hand extended for Kagome. Her claws ready to rip her in two, but she stopped. Once again realizing that this woman did nor fear her claws. Infact the woman's eyes had been on Hisuri since her arrival. "Kaede...let me try." Kagome breathed her words shocking Kaede as she began "Kagome no! This poison is strong! Stronger than even Naraku's!" But her words fell on deaf ears as the young woman drew near Hisuri.

Kneeling down before the fallen maiden, Kagome brought the woman's clammy hand into her own. Holding tightly onto the appendage,as Kagome's own immense spiritual power began to ripple around the woman. Manifesting into a pure azure hue which like a mother bird's wing seemed to almost wrap around the two in utter protection. Kagome's gaze never leaving the sleeping Hisuri's. "I can do this. I can save her." Kagome breathed as her spiritual power slowly began to radiate through Hisuri's own body. The two woman giving off such an intense light it caused Kaede and The Dragoness to look away.

Could this woman heal Hisuri? Or was all lost?