Beneath The Surface

With the reality of his current situation dawning upon him, Souma cursed under his breath. He knew his mother was extremely close to his father. To the point that one was never very far from the other. Almost as if the two powerful beings were drawn not just to each others presence or power. But their very souls as well. Souma should have been more prepared, if only he had worn his veil he coule have avoided this. Avoided meeting his mother with his disheveled self unable to hide the frustration. The weakness from her. A being as powerful, as beautiful as she. And yet Souma dared to stain her presence with his weakness. Gritting his teeth Souma rose to his feet, freeing himself from his mother's arms. Although his head remained lowered, refusing to look his mother in the eye. In truth he hadnt wished for this.

For Souma and Hisuri had planned to approach their mother together, and reveal their identities to their mother. But now, now the plans had changed. Unless Souma could somehow weasel his way from under Shizuka's gaze then maybe the plan didn't have to crumble. But that all relied on one thing. Could Souma lie to his mother?

Biting his bottom lip Souma turned his back to his mother, already feeling her gaze linger upon him. Knowing she felt it, The sudden rush of divine blood coursing through their veins upon mere contact. They both felt the power brimming within the other, struggling to reach the surface. Yet even so their bodies began to give off a vibrant silver glow allowing their divine aura to leak into the air. Spreading throughout the land alerting being of both weak and strong that their was someone above them. Someone that commanded the very world to nearly cease upon arrival. Their hearts beating loudly in their chests both Souma and Shizuka reached to touch their chests. Feeling the rhythm within their hearts and the sense of familiarity that Shizuka just could not shake.

Taking a deep breathe Shizuka spoke ordering the young man which stood glowing before her to face her. She needed to see him, to confirm her suspicions. And to settle the emptiness which lay within her heart. She wished it, no her hearr beckoned this. To lay eyes upon this man. One whom her very soul cried out to be recognized. But why? Why did Shizuka's very soul wish to know this man? With trembling hands Shizuka reached out towards the glowing man. Wishing to make physical contact with once more. It was then that the man sucked in a deep breath, before briefly turning himself to face Shizuka. Who released a gasp upon laying eyes on the man. She knew him, her heart cried out to him. Tears filled Shizuka's emerald gaze as she soon realized who in fact stood before her.

Their moment together was brief yet even still it was dear to Shizuka's and Souma's hearts. For Shizuka recalled the very moment she held her son. Her body weak but none the less Shizuka's will was strong enough to able her to hold him. The joy. The hope she and Sesshomaru had created and now finally had arrived home. Unable to contain her tears Shizuka was soon overwhelmed with emotion. She covered her face from Souma, and through her tears she called out to him. A name. A name that Lord Sesshomaru had deemed worthy of his son, and Shizuka now knew why.

For the man before her who's very presence radiated that of a leader of not only an empire, but perhaps something far beyond. Choking on her tears Shizuka called out to Souma, calling his name for the first time. He could never recall her saying his name when he was an infant. But to hear his name called by his mother was truly something dear to the young man. Who began to contain his composure, calming himself to the point Shizuka could have sworn she was gazing upon her beloved. But she was not. There was no doubt, this was her son. Their son. Cracking a truly beautiful smile that stopped Souma in his very train of thought, Shizuka extended her hand out for Souma. " You've grown into such a fine man, I'm so proud of you. Souma." Shizuka praised as a single tear slithered down Souma's cheek as he was unable to control himself. In one swift movement he tugged Shizuka by the wrist to him,crumbling to his knees as he held onto his mother tightly.

"I-I've only wanted..." Lord Souma muttered under his breath as he buried his face into Shizuka's kimono. Feeling the avalanche of emotions dwelling deep within her son,Shizuka held onto the young man. Whispering soothing words into his ear, all the while gently rubbing his head. "I know, you don't have to say anymore. In truth I've wanted the same thing. To see you, and your sister. My sacrifice was not in vain, I do not regret my fate. And neither should you, my son." Shizuka stated her words ringing true so much in fact it nearly scared Souma.

How did she know? How dod she know of the dark questions which plagued him at night? The doubts he had about his very existence? How? Peering towards his mother Souma realized the silver light intensify around Shizuka,creating a shroud of vibrant flames which enveloped Shizuka in its intensity. It was then that Souma really wondered just how truly powerful was his mother?

Sensing the sudden panic within her son,Shizuka gently tilted Souma's head upwards so he was facing her. "There is no need to fear your yourself nor I. My son-" Shizuka began as she gazed upon Souma allowing him to witness her normal emerald gaze fade into a translucent hue that which was similar to both his and Hisuri. " You have been blessed by the Gods, you must never question yourself. For you wouls be questioning the very Gods themselves." Shizuka began causing Souma to suck in a shallow breath. His mother's words startling the young man. But she was not wrong, after all if anyone knew what or why Souma was brought into creation creation. Surely the very God that created him would know.

Or Goddess who now remained in his presence, arms wrapped around the trembling Souma as thoughts raced through his mind. " Then...then tell me why? Why was I created? Why do I feel so.... So empty?! Everything is hollow, no meaning to me. Why?!" Souma exclaimed unable to hide the questions which plagued his heart any longer.

Shizuka remained silent for quite sometime, making Souma quite nervous. It felt like forever before Shizuka gave him an answer. It did not truly satisfy his hunger for wisdom but it gave Souma something to look forward to. To hope for. " I cannot tell you what I do not know. But I do know that upon the next full moon all will be revealed. Your destiny along with your sister. So I ask of you. Just wait a little longer." Her words a riddle, and irritating to an extent but Souma knew her words were true. For that day would soon come to pass and Souma prayed he would be further enlightened.

"The blood that flows through your veins is special, harness it. And pave the path to your destiny." Shizuka stated as she smiled warmly towards Souma before quietly taking her leave. Believing she had given her son all that was necessary. Not just for him but for the world as well. For it appeared the Heavens had chosen their future ruler. But it would all be up to Souma in the end. Would he relieve thw emptiness and rule over the moon? Or would he remain in the realm of man? Free to roam the vast roads till his hearts content? Whichever road he picked it would be his choice and his alone that could decide the fate of man?