The Promise Within a Memory

The air was cold, void of any warmth since Shizuka slipped from his reach. Since her absence began Sesshomaru forever remained by her side. Her body cold to the touch,yet her unearthly beauty remained eternal. For any injury that once marred Shizuka's flesh was no more. Her face once recognizable was now completely healed and flawless. She was beautiful, even in death. It left Sesshomaru in awe every time he would lay eyes upon her lifeless body. And he wondered, he wondered how someone so beautiful. So powerful had fallen to her demise. But as he gripped onto her almost glasslike hand, and kissed it Sesshomaru recalled the reason. The moment his heart was snatched from this world. Leaving him breathless.

For the very reason Shizuka was even here was because of Sesshomaru. If he had not have brought her to his lands. If only he had never laid eyes on the haunting maiden then maybe....maybe....should would yet breathe. For Sesshomaru would rather have never met her nor loved her than to have her lost from this world. Pulling himself upon the bed where Shizuka forever rest. Sesshomaru couldn't help but to gaze upon her lovely form.

Her skin remained flawless,void of anything which would mar its natural glow. While her raven locks had infact regained their lively sheen, despite her life being absent from the flesh. In truth one would believe Shizuka merely sleeping if one merely gazed upon her. But those who closely examined her body would no infact only an empty shell of the woman remained. A woman who's very presence forever lingered within these walls and in Sesshomaru's heart. Clasping her cold hand in his own Sesshomaru left kisses upon the death kissed flesh. Wishing nothing more than to feel the warmth which once lay within this husk. To feel her gentle embrace from behind, her arms firmly holding Sesshomaru desr to her heart. And lips, lips that would whisper words of compassion now forever remain silent. Yet even though those lips lay silent their words prior of departure echoed through Sesshomaru's mind. Pushing him forward. To dare gaze upon a new sunrise. And it was all for a request. A request that even the very God's themselves would swell with pride.

It was many nights prior to Shizuka's untimely end that the vision of beauty chose to exchange words with her beloved. As in the dim of light of the moon's gentle glow, there she stood. Bathed in the moon's gentle embrace, all the while awaiting the embrace of the one she held so dear. Dressed in soft shades of red,showing off her status as once pure maiden. Now washed away by something stronger than blood. Love. Something Shizuka was willing to shed much blood for. All for the chance to love. It was with that warm smile of hers that welcomed Sesshomaru into her chambers.

Her fingers lacing themselves with his own, as words fell from her lips. Words Sesshomaru was more than happy to be greeted by. "I missed you." Upon those words leaving her lips,Shizuka was immediately swept up into Sesshomaru's arms. Minding her ever so growing stomach which housed his heir. Ready to be born into this world and one day rule over these lands. His Goddess errupted into a fit of giggles as Sesshomaru pressed his hand upon stomach. Already able to feel the flurry of kicks his heir had to offer causing Shizuka to smile widely.

"He bears your will, and already as strong as any whom stand before him." Shizuka commented warmly as her own hands found their way to Sesshomaru's. Whom didnt mind the warm touch of his mate. "And soon all before him will tremble at the very sound of his name." Sesshomaru began as Shizuka tenderly kissed his forehead all the while caressing Sesshomaru's cheek looking her love in the eye as she spoke to him. Hoping he would both hear and feel her genuine love through her words. "A name only to be given to him by his father. The greatest War Lord of all the lands." Shizuka stated surprising the speechless Sesshomaru who had not expected to name the boy himself. "Name him, and know that my blood flows through his very veins. And even when I am far from sight know that I am forever with you." Shizuka whispered her words ringing true in Sesshomaru who wished her silent. Refusing to hesr any talk of her no longer being if this world.

"I will hear no more of your words. You will not leave my side nor will our son." Sesshomaru declared as he pressed his warm lips to Shizuka's cheek kissing away any tears which dare to make their presence known. "Everyone dies, am I no different?" Shizuka questioned her words stinging the demon lord whom struggled to even approach the conversation. "You are not everyone. You are my mate. And I will not have you lifeless. As long as I breathe you will not leave this world." Sesshomaru stated his words Shizuka knew were genuine, yet she could not shake the feel of uneassiness which forever lingered within her.

"Yet if I were to fall, you must promise me one thing. And you must swear to honor it with your life." Shizuka began her eyes upon Sesshomaru filled with such will and power he was bound by interest and love to hear her words. It was then that Shizuka sat in Sesshomaru's lap, her hands caressing his face as she spoke. Her words gentle to the ear yet harsh upon the heart. "Swear to me if I am to fall, you will not linger grief stricken. You must continue living and protect the legacy I carry.
-" Shizuka began as she placed Sesshomaru's hand upon her swollen belly, all the while smiling warmly towards him. "For that is the ultimate act of love and loyalty to me. Protect our child. And forever have me close to your heart."Shizuka breathed as Sesshomaru nuzzled his face into Shizuka's robes, allowing a single tear to slither down his right cheek as he absorbed his beloved's words.

Swallowing a lump in his throat Sesshomaru spoke, his voice breathy as he struggled to control himself. " I swear it....I will protect our legacy....Souma." Sesshomaru breathed as Shizuka smiled at the name Sesshomaru had chosen. Stroking his hair as she whispered the name into the air. "Souma. A fine name it is, for a young Lord."Shizuka whispered as she continued to hold Sesshomaru knowing she had caused quite a stir in his heart. But these words could not be avoided. These are words he had to hear, and words that would hopefully keep him going.

Blinking away distant memory Sesshomaru turned his gaze across the room. Where nestled within a cradle sat his two treasures in the world. In the shape of two infants. Eldest son who bore the same startling amber gaze of Sesshomaru and raven hair like his mother. Yet upon his forehead when active a blue crescent moon would form upon his flesh. Revealing to all he was In fact Sesshomaru's child. He was a quiet boy, never fussing unless hunger struck, for he and his twin sister seemed to be far more mature than theur days upon earth. Tearing himself from her side Sesshomaru made his way to his children. His daughter upon seeing him giggled with glee, her small hand reaching for Sesshomaru's large one. My how he could tell already she would be a handful. Spoiled already and knowing she was safe as long as her tall father remained.

With Shizuka's words fresh in his mind Sesshomaru pulled his son into his arms. Eyeing the young lad whom remained silent in his arms as if awaiting for his father's approval. "Your mother sacrificed everything for the both of you, and I will honor her." Sesshomaru began as he gently rocked his son in his arms whom cracked a smile at Sesshomaru's actions. "You are brave like your mother, and soon will rule these lands. Souma." Sesshomaru breathed, naming the young prince once and for all as the boy cooed at the name. Almost as if he had long awaited this moment. Sesshomaru then picked up the now giggling daughter of his who's brilliant emerald orbs mirrored her mother's. She was a born survivor. One that Sesshomaru knew would be no delicate flower in the future. And as such deserved a name of proper fitting.

"You, my daughter are a survivor. One born of blood and will shake this very earth. Hisuri." Sesshomaru spoke the name he had given his daughter seemed to make her smile with joy. As the young Lord and Lady had finally been given names. And in return had given Sesshomaru a new sense of purpose in this world. He would do as he promised. Protect his family and one day, maybe one day he would return into the locing embrace of Shizuka. But now was not the time, now was the time to step foeward. And move.