Chapter 36 - Father

"This has to be a joke, right?" you laughed nervously. "You must be another villain that knows my parents. That has to be it. You're just an imposter."

You shook your head, staggering away from the man who claimed to be your father. 

"This isn't a joke, (Name). It's me," he smiled. He took a step closer to you, his arms spread wide. "I've missed you so much. You have no idea how long I've been waiting to see you."

"N-No, this doesn't make sense. You should be- no, you are dead. I-I remember seeing you-"

There was a wack to the back of your head and you fell to the ground face first. The world around you was spinning and beginning to fade. A. pair of reptile feet stepped into view.

"Spinner, you idiot!" your father growled. "Why the hell did you hit her?"

"You were taking too long," he hissed. "It's time to go. We got the boy now go pick up your kid so we can get out of here."

You groaned as you soon felt your body being scooped up into your fathers arms. Everything faded to black before you had a chance to fight back. 

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

When you awoke, your head was throbbing in excruciating pain. You blinked several times to refocus your blurred vision. You looked around and saw that you were sitting in a bar surrounded by none other than members of the League of Villains. 

You tried to back away from them, only to discover that your hands and feet were tied down to the chair. 

"Facade, your kid is awake," the leader, Shigaraki, grunted out. 

Your father appeared from the end of the bar and immediately rushed over to you. It felt so strange to see him before you just as you remembered him. You really did think that you were battling some shapeshifter in the woods. Now that you looked back on it, it all made sense. Who else could create such vivid illusions? 

Only difference now is that he was older, with greying hair.

He kneeled down in front of you to cut your bindings. "Sorry about this," he said. "It was just a precautionary measure." 

You got a better look at his face. The face that shared some physical characteristics with yourself. He had your eyes and his smile mirrored yours. All you could do was stare back at him speechless. Even after you had been set free, you still remained in your seat unsure of where to move. Your eyes darted around for any nearby exits.

Even if he was your dad he was a villain. Who knows why he even came to you in the first place. 

He extended his hand out to you but you just stared down at in disbelief. 

He sighed. "(Name)...I know this must be strange for you and I want to explain-"

"Wait, (Name), is that really you?" Bakugo called out.

Bakugo??

You whipped around to see the boy who had been tied down worse than you. The thick metal handcuffs he wore prevented him from using his quirk. 

"Bakugo? You're here too?" you gasped. 

"They kidnapped me," he growled, shooting daggers at the League behind you. "What do they want with you?"

"Um...."

"Oh, (Name), are you two friends?" your father inquired. 

"Sorta. He's my classmate. Wait," you turned back to face your father. "Why did you kidnap him? And what do you want with me?"