Chapter 27 - Over the Wall

The Hero Killer had been thrown in prison. Although his evil ways had been put to an end, his name was still plastered all over the media. It was hot topic among civilians. They couldn't stop talking about him or mentioning the things that he'd done. All because the villain had made a speech that trended everywhere over social media. He had went on and on about how heroes were nothing but fakes and that All Might was the only true hero that deserved all his praise. Stain felt like the world needed to be recreated. That all these "false" heroes needed to be brought down. 

You didn't understand his ideology at all. Instead of just using his quirk for good and setting a good examples for other heroes, he decides to take matters into his own hands and kill them. It seemed ridiculous to you. Was his rage that strong that he didn't have any common sense? However,  the man wasn't all there in the head so you decided to not take him seriously. 

If only other people could see through him.

You were back at school, waiting in line for your turn at the obstacle course. Everyone had come back from their work study programs and things seemed to be back to normal. Endeavor had taken the credit for the Hero Killers arrest. It made sense considering you and your friends would've been harassed by the media and perhaps attracted even more villains. Although you did wonder how the media would've reacted if they found out you were involved. 

Iida was doing better as well compared to how he used to be. He had time to process his emotions and they're no longer eating him up inside. His brother is still being hospitalized, however in the upcoming months he will be going through physical therapy to help him readjust to his new life. Even though Iida still held a bit of resentment over the situation, he seems more open to talking about it. 

"Ready to lose, (Y/N)?" Sero joked. 

You would be participating in the obstacle course with Sero next. "Ready to eat my dust?" you taunted. 

"We'll see about that."

Mina had gone up against Tsu and ended up losing to the frog quirk hero. You gave your friend a high five as she went to sit by the sidelines. You wanted to think things had gone back to normal, but in your mind it felt like it hadn't. Stain was one of the second villains who had claimed to know your mom. You wondered how many other villains out there knew your parents. Would they try to recruit you too like he did?

Ochaco tapped your shoulder. "(Y/N), you okay?" 

"Yeah...I'm fine," you nodded, faint smile on your lips. "Just tired is all."

"I know but it's almost your turn so at least you'll get it over with soon!" She did her best to brighten your mood with that big smile of hers. You appreciated it. 

"Wish me luck," you sheepishly grinned.

"Good luck !!" She gave you a thumbs up.

"Alright next students step up," Aizawa instructed. 

Kirishima had just finished going up against Tokoyami so now it was your turn. You walked up to the starter line with Sero. You took a deep breath and tried to clear your head so you could focus on the obstacle course. It should be simple enough and if you focused, you could beat Sero easily. 

You fished out a small pocket knife from your gym uniform. Your teachers always took it away from you after class ended. You brought the cold blade to your shoulder to make a small cut. You winced slightly at the pain but little by little you were getting more accustomed to doing it. Your blood trickled down towards your chest until it stopped. Your quirk was activated now and you were going to try and use your blood like it was rope. Sero could easily swing his way around the obstacle course so you needed to try something different to even out the playing field.