Chapter 24 - It's Gonna be Okay

Rain poured hard against the glass window, crackles of white light blaring across the dark gloomy sky. Another flash of lightning illuminated your bedroom walls and your terrified face. You  sat inside your closet, blanket over your head. Your tiny hands were clamped over your mouth trying to stop any whimpers from escaping. Hot tears streamed down your face and darkened the fabric of your unicorn pajamas. Your mother had told you to go run and hide and no matter what the circumstances, to never leave until she said so. 

That was about an hour ago. 

During that time, you heard all sorts of screams and loud bangs. It seemed like it would go on forever until it suddenly got really quiet.

Going against your mothers wishes, you cautiously walked out of the closet, blanket still covering your head. The light in the hallway had gone out, your only source of light being the lightning that would occasionally flash in the sky. You clutched your blanket tighter, poking your head out your bedroom door to make sure the coast was clear. You tiptoed down the hall, your blanket dragging behind you on the hard wood floors. Once you reached the end of the hall, you clutched the walls as you peeked out the corner into the living room.

Your eyes widened in horror. 

"M-Mommy...." you whispered.

Your mothers body lied in the living room floor, a growing pool of blood surrounding her body. Her (e/c) stared blankly ahead. Your heart pounded in your ears drowning out the sound of the thunderstorm going on outside. 

Ignoring every alarm going off in your body, you attempted to run towards her. But you were stopped by a shadowy figure that yanked you into a corner. He held you by the back of your neck.

"Don't," he growled into your ear. You trembled in his grasp. Who was this strange man? He slowly let you go, but covered your eyes with your blanket. He made you turn around and face the corner.  "Stay," he commanded. He took a a few steps back. 

"If you grow up and still hate me for this....then come find me."

That's all he said before his heavy footsteps left out the front door. 

You stood in that corner, sniffling and crying until your eyes felt sore from crying. When you felt like that awful man wouldn't return, you turned around and ran to your mother. You tenderly picked up her bloody hand, cupping it against your face. 

You fell into her soft chest, crying into her blood soaked shirt. Your breath hitched in your throat, your breathing growing more and more rapid. You helped cover her with your blanket in an attempt to warm her cold body. "M-M-Mom why w-won't you talk to me?"

No matter how hard you wished she would just get up and hug you like everything was fine, she didn't. You sobbed hard into her chest. Your fathers corpse wasn't too far. You reached out to touch him, praying that he would somehow be alive at least. Your fingertips were just within reach to grab onto his hand until the front door was busted down.

A tall lanky figure with raven locks that stood on end stepped into view. He stumbled back upon seeing your parents, then his eyes locked on you. His jet black hair fell back onto his shoulders. "They had a kid...?"  

You scrambled away from your mothers body, your back hitting against the sofa. You clutched your blanket tighter around yourself wanting nothing more than to hide from this new intruder.

"Go away!" you shrieked. You shut your eyes tight, biting your bottom lip hard in fear until you drew blood. 

Just do what mommy does, you thought.