Chapter 22 - Ingenium

- One Week Later - 

"(Name)?"

The bell had rung, signaling the end of class. Tsu had turned in her seat and tried to get your attention. Class with Ectoplasm had gone alright except you ended up daydreaming a lot during the majority of it. Math wasn't your greatest subject but a part of you felt like you could sympathize with your teacher at least. There were few heroes who had "scary" facial features and managed to gain approval from civilians. He gave you hope that you could become the hero you always wanted without judgement. Next was class with Midnight. 

"(Name)?" Tsu called again. 

You blinked several times, snapping out of your thoughts. "Huh?....Yeah, what's up, Tsu?"

"Come on, we gotta go," she giggled. She was out of her seat all packed up and ready to go.

You quickly shoved your books into your bag and got out of your seat. The majority of your classmates had already left and were well on their way to the next class. Tsu strolled next to you in the cramped hall that was filled with students bustling about. 

"So, I heard your birthday is coming soon." Tsu cheekily grinned at you. 

You covered your blushing face with a groan. "Oh god, don't even remind me about that. How'd you even find out?"

"Todoroki may have told us already," Yaoyorozu quipped. She had casually strolled up to the two of you in the hallway, small smile on her lips. "Are you planning on doing anything?"

You shrugged. "Eh. Not really. I usually spend my birthdays getting a simple slice of cake and that's it."  

"(Name), that's so sad," Tsu frowned. 

"I agree," Yaoyorozu nodded. "You should spend your birthday doing something fun!"

"I see your point...But I've just had so much on my lately," you sighed. Your friends didn't know what had happened between you and Todoroki, and you weren't sure if you were ever going to tell them about it. You sometimes preferred to keep your personal matters to yourself. 

Tsu and Yaoyorozu tried to pry on what was bothering you. You were close to caving and telling them, but you still held back. Instead, you chose to let them know only one of the things that had been bothering you. The three of you sat in your respective desks in the classroom.

"Come on, (Name), spill it," Tsu persisted. "I don't want you to feel like you can't trust us." 

You got into your seat with a sigh. "Well to be honest, I am upset that I missed the Sports Festival. Even though I get to train back home, I always feel like it isn't enough. I just can't help but feel like I've fallen behind compared to the rest of you guys."

Ochaco practically lept out of her seat and slammed her hands on your desk. You looked at the brown wide eyed girl in surprise. "Then we should totally train together after school!" she beamed. 

"Oh, that sounds like a marvelous idea!" Yaoyorozu smiled. 

Iida who had overheard the conversation peered back at everyone with a frown on his face. He adjusted his glasses, the frames casting a dramatic white glare over his eyes. "Training? Just where do you plan on doing that? The school forbids us from using our powers unsupervised!"

You rolled your eyes at his uptightness. "I'm sure we could ask one of the teachers. Could they really say no to a bunch of students who just want to brush up on their skills?"

"We could ask Professor Aizawa to do it, ribbit."

"That's a good idea," Ochaco nodded. 

  Todoroki sat a few seats away and had also, understandably overheard the conversation since none of your classmates were speaking quietly. He curiously glanced over in your direction. Things were still awkward between the two of you. You still couldn't wrap your mind around the fact that he had lied to you. You wanted to be sympathetic and of course you understood his reason, however, you hated how everything was done at your expense. You felt guilty avoiding his gaze but did it anyways. Your head was just too much of a jumbled mess lately.