Chapter 18 - Always Watching

Eiko's high heeled pumps clicked with each step as she hurriedly walked down the hall. It was a late evening but important matters needed to be discussed. She made a sharp left turn before she was soon in the laboratory. Inside, there was a group of field scientists all observing her precious (Name) through the two way mirror. There she was training with Goliath yet again. 

"She's shown some improvements hasn't she?" 

At the front of the lab stood Endeavor with his arms crossed over his chest. He watched (Name) intently with that typical scowl on his face. 

"Yes she has," Eiko smirked proudly. "Goliath was a great candidate to be her mentor. She's improved vastly when it comes to controlling her quirk."

Eiko walked over to stand next to Endeavor. 

"I've been informed that my son is now dating her," he stated. "I'm not sure for how long but the two of them are definitely all over each other."

He scrunched up his nose in disgust. 

"Cute," Eiko giggled. "I think it's great that they're getting along. It's all coming to plan."

"They get along a little too well," Endeavor grumbled. "I don't think Todoroki is capable of playing his part now." 

Eiko pursed her lips. "This plan will move forward. We can't back out now that everything has been set in motion. This will work."

They both focused their attention on (Name) on the other side of the mirror. 

"Good job, kid!" Goliath cheered (Name) as she broke her running record time. 

"Th...anks...." she breathed heavily. 

She rested her palms on her knees as she caught her breath. 

"Now stand up straight and face me."

    (Name) did as she was told with a slight groan. Goliath took out a hunting knife from a holster on his belt. He held it out for (Name) to grab. She tentatively reached out to grab it from his hands. She knew what she needed to do next. Carefully, (Name) made a small cut on her shoulder, breathing in sharply because of the stinging pain. Goliath reassured her that this was something she would get used to. Blood began to slowly trickle down her arm before coming to a stop; her blood now moving above her head like a tentacle. 

"Remember to not use too much. You don't want to exert yourself and pass out," Goliath warned. He pointed to a table at the front of the room.  "Use your quirk to shatter those glass bottles. I want you to be quick and precise." 

     (Name) nodded her head. She took a deep breath, her bloody tentacle forming a sharp tip. When her body fully relaxed, the now bloody spear dove straight for the glass bottles on the table. One was sliced in half at the neck of the bottle, another had been punctured in the center making it shatter to pieces. Overall, there was pieces of broken glass everywhere. The bloody spear retracted back to (Name)'s body. She took in a sharp, shaky breath.

"Are you okay?" Goliath asked worriedly. He walked over to her in case she would faint. 

"I-I'm okay, just feel a little dizzy," she smiled meekly. 

"Here take some cookies," he offered.  

(Name) took the baggie of small cookies and opened it. She popped on in her mouth and smiled once the sweet flavor hit her tongue. 

"You know, it's funny," (Name) said after finishing the first cookie. "I can get a little dizzy just by doing something as simple as that but before when those guys back at the school tried to hurt us....I had no problem trying to hurt them."

"That's because you felt like you had more to risk at the time. And don't forget you probably had a ton of adrenaline kicking through your body." 

"I guess..."

(Name) wasn't really convinced by the answer. 

"Let's get back to work, it's almost time for lunch anyways!" Goliath grinned. 

"So you guys really have placed suppressants in her meals," Endeavor chuckled. "I didn't think you guys would actually do it."

"It was for our safety as well as hers," Eiko quipped. "Last thing we need is another incident. The last one was so hard to cover up." 

"How's that guy doing anyways?"

Eiko lowered head. "Not good I'm afraid. After he was carried away, police officers noticed he soon began to act strange."

"What do you mean?"

"He began to experience hallucinations."

"Impossible! I thought she only inherited her mothers quirk, are you sure what your telling me is true?" he asked with a gruffness to his voice.

She nodded. "100% positive. It was always a possibility that she would inherit both. I think it's just easier for her to use her mothers quirk. She doesn't know how to use her fathers or in what ways it's being used."

"How so?" Endeavor asked curiously. 

Eiko looked at (Name) who practiced dodging with Goliath. "It seems that whenever (Name) uses her blood quirk on her victims, she can unknowingly "infect" them. This means she can cause them to experience vivid and horrific hallucinations. The effects last long too. The guy she almost sliced up before kept screaming for hours until he finally shut up. Psychologically I don't think he'll ever be the same."

"Fascinating."

Endeavor looked on at (Name), who trained on the other side of the mirror unbeknownst to her what was going on a few feet away from her. 

◆◆◆◆◆◆

     It had been a long and vigorous day filled with training with Goliath. You were glad it was finally over now as Todoroki said he wanted to visit you for a bit since he was in the area. You were excited to see your new boyfriend. It still surprised you that you had boyfriend sometimes. It especially bewildered you since it was Todoroki out of all people. You thought the half hot half cold boy would never find interest in you. But now here you were, waiting outside of your building for him. You had taken another shower so that you wouldn't offend his nostrils since you sweated so much, and threw on some cute but comfy clothes. You were just finishing up brushing your hair when you received a text from him, notifying you that he was outside. 

You grabbed your shoes and raced down the hall, excited to see him again.