Chapter 7 - Goodnight

It was a Sunday evening as Endeavor walked into the lower basement, Agent Kida leading him towards the laboratory. Dr. Eiko appeared at the door with a smile on her face and a clipboard in her hand. Endeavor looked down at her with a scowl, not wanting to waste his time here. But it was something necessary for him to do.

"Good evening, Endeavor," she smiled. "I hope you're doing well."

"Let's just get this over with," he muttered.

Agent Kida followed behind them both, never quite saying a word as he brought Endeavor down to the facility. He found it strange and wondered who could this man be and what were his intentions. But right now he wasn't here to investigate a man he had no qualms with. Right now he had other matters to attend to. Endeavor was brought towards a screen that displayed past recordings of (Name's) training with Goliath. Endeavor observed her progression throughout the past month, watching as she got smarter and worked harder. But it wasn't enough just yet.

"As you can see here, she's improved a lot within the past few weeks but unfortunately she hasn't used her quirk yet," Dr. Eiko explained.

"Is there a reason why?"

"She still doesn't feel comfortable with it. No matter how hard we try to enforce the idea that her parents past aren't apart of her now, she still is hesitant."

"And what is that bastard Goliath doing then?" Endeavor growled. "We're just wasting all our time and should just proceed with the rest of the experiment even if it's by force."

"That is not possible," Agent Kida interjected. He hadn't spoken till now causing the others to look at him confused.

"What?" Endeavor barked, aggravated by his protest.

"What he means," Eiko awkwardly interrupted. "Is how we can't just proceed with the experiment without willingness from her side. We have to proceed with caution or else all our efforts will be wasted."

     She read over her clipboard which demonstrated recent data collected and explained it to Endeavor. But he didn't care for the data. What he wanted was results. He wanted to see what (Name) was capable of and what else could be done to make her use her quirk already. It frustrated him to no end how everyone was just waiting for something that might not actually happen. If only he could just take matters into his own hands, then would he be getting the results he needed.

"Sir?" Eiko called his attention. "How is everything on your end? Is your son performing well?"

"Yes, actually," Endeavor nodded. "I believe he's on a date with her right now."

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

    Your heart was pounding in your chest with each step along the way. After Todoroki had kissed you, you both were awkwardly getting off the ice, your faces turning bright red whenever one of you so much as looked at the other. Todoroki offered to walk you back to your place which you kindly accepted. But as you two were walking back, not much was being said. Actually you guys weren't talking to each other at all. The silence was so loud you could hear a pin drop. The whole time as you walked back you wondered what that kiss meant and what was going to happen now.

Should I try to hold his hand....?

You looked down at his free hand by your side, your fingertips reaching out to touch him. But just when you were about to, you chickened out. Todoroki had thankfully hadn't noticed your awkward approach. Todoroki wasn't much of a talkative person so right now you really wish you had the quirk to read his mind. Who knows what he was thinking. Did he perhaps regret kissing you? If that were true you would just die from embarrassment.

"Is everything alright, (Name)...?" Todoroki asked you curiously.

"Huh? Oh! Yeah, I'm fine!" you awkwardly laughed. "How about you....?"

He looked away and blushed. "I'm fine too....thanks for asking."

"Was this a date?" you blurted out.

Your curiousity had gotten the best of you causing you to look like an idiot in front of him. He looked at you for a split second, also appearing to be flustered by your question.

"Actually you don't have to answer that if you don't want to. I'm just happy I got to spend time with you."

You better answer me or else I'll be thinking about this all night till the point where I'll be late to school tomorrow.

"It's okay, I don't mind answering. To be quite honest, I did hope this evening would turn into a date," he confessed.

"What?!" you gasped. You quickly tried to regain your composure. "I mean, really...?"

"Yes," he nodded. "I thought we would simply do small activities here and there and then I would just take you home. I didn't expect to....kiss you," he mumbled.

He tried his best to cover up his red face with his hand. You thought he looked adorable just then and a part of you really wanted to kiss him again however, you were too shy. Instead you opted for a different approach and reached out to hold his hand. He didn't seem to mind and instead looked to be even more embarrassed.

     The whole time as you were heading back you wondered if you had been holding his hand for too long. Were your hands too sweaty? Did he secretly want to let go? All these doubts and questions were driving you insane. But your worries were settled when you loosened your grip on his hand and he actually tightened his grip on yours. You felt content in knowing that Todoroki liked holding your hand too.

Unfortunately you arrived to the facility and insisted to Todoroki that it was okay that he dropped you off on the same corner he had picked you up from.

"I just don't want any security guards to see you and get the wrong idea," you explained.

"That's alright, I understand. So will I be seeing you again tomorrow?" he asked hopefully.

"Of course. We do go to school together, dummy," you giggled.

"No, no, I meant after school...."

"Oh!" You felt like an idiot for not assuming the latter. "If I don't have any training tomorrow then, yes. I'd love to see you again."

He smiled at you, comforted by your response. The next few moments were awkward as the two of you just stared at each other not knowing what to do next. You were already a block away from the facility so did you just leave and that was it? Todoroki looked as if he were thinking the same thing as he kept looking back at your place and you.

"So I guess this is goodbye?" you said, breaking the ice.

"Uh, yes it is..."

You were about to hug him or something until he spoke up again.

"(Name), before you go," he began. "I just wanted to do this one last time."

He laced his fingers with your hand, bringing you close to give you one last kiss on the lips. You felt fuzzy and giddy all over, your thumb tracing circles on his hand. When you pulled back you were both just two gawky teenagers who were getting to know each other's feelings.

"Goodnight, (Name)." Todoroki felt more confident this time to give you a kiss on the forehead.

"Goodnight," you sheepishly grinned.

      Todoroki watched as you headed back into the facility; unbeknownst to him how you would be staying up all night thinking about what had happened.