Chapter 4 - Mochi Love

"You knew....my parents?"

The words had left your mouth in a whisper. You were sure you were hearing him wrong. Sure people encountered your parents before in battle, but never have they ever approached you. Who was this man? And how come you never heard of him before? Why was it now that you were meeting him? But most importantly, why did he want you to use your quirk?

"I did, I knew them better than anyone else," he confirmed.

"How come I've never heard of you before?"

"I like to lay low when it comes to my hero status. I worked mostly in small villages and I wandered around every couple of years. During my travels is when I met them," he explained. "But we're not here to go down memory lane. We're here to discuss your quirk."

"I'm not using it," you frowned. "I already told you and nothing you say will change my mind. I don't care who you are or where you came from. I need to do this, okay? And I will never use my quirk."

 He raised an eyebrow at you, taking two steps towards you. You tried to hold his gaze but he had an overwhelming presence. This man probably made villains shit their pants just by showing up to the crime scene. Still, you weren't going to back down from your word.

"You may think the whole world is going to judge you but if you really want to be a hero, you can't expect yourself to be self conscious over everything. What matters is saving lives, not your pride," he scoffed.

You winced at his words. "I'm just scared of being like them....I want to be a hero. Not a villain."

"Good," he grinned. "Now since you're not ready to use your powers yet, let's do some workouts instead!"

◆◆◆◆◆◆◆

   Every three days a week after school, you were brought back into the basement to train with Goliath. Every time he saw you, he would try a new method to make you use your powers. He was constantly testing your limits and your inner strength. It almost like he was trying to break you. Two weeks had passed and thankfully the tension in your classroom lifted. You still talked to Tsu and occasionally had to shake Mineta off your leg, but overall things were going smoothly.

"Ugh, my back and arms hurt so much," you groaned. You sunk into your seat; your food for lunch had been barely touched and up from behind came Mineta who was wiggling his fingers.

"How about I give you a massage, (Name)?" he breathed heavily.

"How about I break your fingers instead?" you barked.

He scurried away faster than a dog with it's tail between it's legs. Tsu giggled next to you. "Why are you so sore anyways? You've been looking pretty tired lately too. Ribbit."

"I've been training with someone after school. He makes me work so hard!" you whined.

"What for? Not like you're ever gonna be a hero like me," Bakugo proudly boasted. He passed by your desk, looking down at you with that cocky grin of his. "A hero who doesn't use their quirk? How are you ever going to be useful out in the field?"

"Leave her alone, Bakugo," Tsu said. "She'll be a way better hero than you. You should be glad she's not using her quirk because I'm pretty sure it's way better than yours."

He looked at Tsu taken aback. "What- Oh shut up," he growled. Bakugo proceeded to walk and sulk back to his desk.

"Thanks for sticking up for me, Tsu. But I get the feeling that he's right. How can I ever be a hero when I don't want to use my quirk? I'm hopeless..."