Chapter 10

Blackness was all Kailee could see. 'Ugh! Why can't I open my eyes?' Kailee thought in frustration.

Trying one more time, she was greeted by a blinding white light which made her close her eyes quickly.

"Kailee?" A voice asked.

She shot up and rubbed her eyes, already getting used to the blinding light that was opposite to the darkness that had comforted her for the past few days.

"What happened?" She asked no one in particular. She turned her head to see Chris, Nick, and John crouching down beside the bed she was lying in.

"We were hoping you would wake up soon. I didn't want to have to bring you to the hospital," John said.

She smiled. "So, what happened?" She asked again. All of them frowned.

"Maybe this will jog your memory," Nick said and whispered the one word that Kailee despised most. "Vampires."

Her memories came flooding back to her, and she hopped out of bed.

"Woah! You have a giant wound on your arm! You need to rest," Chris told her.

Kailee looked to see a white bandage on her arm and scoffed. She peeled the bandage off to come face to face with a perfectly clean arm, no wound visible. "There's no wound. All healed," Kailee pointed out.

"But how!? That's impossible! A wound like that can't heal in two days!" Chris exclaimed.

"No one told him?" Kailee questioned.

The boys shook their heads. "Told me what?" Chris asked.

'Oh crap nuggets!' Kailee thought. "Umm..." She had no idea on what to do.

"Someone needs to tell me what's going on! First, I get attacked by a vampire, Kailee takes it down, might I add with no weapons and alone! She comes home for us to find a stab wound on her arm, and then two days later, it's healed! And I'm the only one who doesn't know why!" Chris exploded into a fit of rage.

"Welcome to Twilight!" Kailee did some small jazz hands.

Who likes Kailee and Nick's signature saying when they introduce people to the supernatural world? I do!