Chapter 9

A month later, everything was back to normal, or as normal as things could be. Michael was back with his family and had no clue about the supernatural creatures that populated the earth. How that happened, however, is another story.

"AHHHHHH!" Michael screamed. He turned around and fled the other way.

Kailee groaned. "I knew I'd have to chase him. Stay here, Nick."

Still in wolf form, she chased after Michael. She leapt and landed on top of him as he struggled to escape.

Kailee smacked him with her paw, and he passed out from the force of impact. Kailee got off of him and shook her fur as she towered over him and placed a paw gently on his head.

He groaned in his unconscious state and then was quiet again. She signed sadly at the boy and ran back to Nick, shifting back to human form when she got there.

"What happened?" Nick asked.

"I took his memory away from him of today. We're clear." She smiled.

Nick sighed in relief, and they headed home. They didn't want to lure anymore vampires to the area.

It was already past midnight, and Kailee was very tired. Her mind wandered away from her reminiscing, and she drifted to sleep in seconds.

__________________________

John's alarm clock beeped, and he got up, shutting the loud device off. He dressed and headed downstairs to make breakfast for Kailee and Nick.

About half an hour later, Nick came down the stairs, rubbing his eyes.

"Oh, Nick, just a reminder! Your cousin is coming to visit for a while, you know, Chris?" John reminded him.

His eyes widened. "I forgot about his visit! Kailee coming...was a distraction," he said.

"Well, go get dressed. Leave Kailee. She needs her rest," John instructed him.

"Yes, sir!" Nick saluted his dad and marched back up the stairs.

_______________________________

"Go, go, go!" Chris and Nick screamed together, slamming buttons on their controllers to the XBox.

'Uh, oh! I forgot to tell Chris about Kailee!' John winced.

"Uh...you guys might want to be quiet. You'll wake up-" He started but was cut off by a person stomping down the stairs. You couldn't see anyone, but you could hear them.

"You people need to be quiet! I was up very late last night, and I haven't gotten sleep in the past four months! You should know this by now! I'm going to pound your heads into the ground and stab a s-" Kailee came into view and saw Chris, which made her rambling stop.

"You have a guest?" Kailee questioned, looking at John with her eyebrows raised.

"His visit was scheduled before you came here, Kailee. Don't worry," John assured.

"Kailee! Come play COD with Chris and I!" Nick pulled her arm.

"Okay, okay!" Kailee laughed.

"You're not going to change? Or even brush your hair?" Chris asked her.

She looked at him and shrugged, sitting down on the couch. "What's the point? Am I going anywhere?"

"But aren't you embarrassed of your appearance?" Chris smirked.