Chapter 4

Kailee sat there and smiled at the two males. "Okay, basically, vampires are out to kill me. The vampires have already gotten my family, and I'm their new target. I found this house, and your son was nice enough to let me in. Apparently, being with a human kid can possibly make my motherly wolf instincts to come out."

"So that means that you're technically his mother now?" He asked her.

"Yup!" She smiled brightly. "I've always wanted a kid, but that's impossible until I find my mate."

"What's a mate?" Nick asked, but both were curious.

"A mate is a soulmate for a werewolf. That's as simple as I can put it into human terms. Once you find your mate, they become the one you'll protect and love forever. It is also possible for werewolves to have human mates," Kailee explained.

"So, does that mean I'm your mate? You love and protect me!" Nick asked.

Kailee laughed. "I guess you're right. But I won't make out with you or have s-"

Nick's father quickly interrupted Kailee before she could go on. "He's a kid!"

She blushed in embarrassment. "Sorry, no human contact for a while."

"Kailee, since you going to be here a while, I have a favor," the adult requested.

"Anything to repay you for letting me stay here," she said, smiling.

"Tomorrow, Nick and his school are going on a field trip to the Chicago Museum. I have work, so I was wondering if you could be a chaperon for Nick's class?" He asked her.

"Really?" Nick asked in excitement.

"I thought you didn't want someone to babysit you?" His father asked him with surprise.

"Yeah, but I haven't had a mom in five years, and it would be nice." Nick's face gained a sad expression.

"I know, I miss her, too." Nick's dad smiled sympathetically.

"I would love to be a chaperon! I would love being a mom!" Kailee smiled happily.

"Awesome!" Nick exclaimed.

Nick's father was very happy that his son was going to finally have another mother figure in his life.

Ok guys! I'd like to say that Kailee is a little bipolar, and the Kailee character is me! Don't worry, @TheBrokenOne2087, I don't take offense to bipolar. Some people believe I am because I can make my voice sound like a demons from hell or a little baby. It's creepy!