Chapter 2

She managed to arrive at the edge of the forest that night. Looking around, she noticed a house.

'Maybe someone there could help me,' she thought before rolling her eyes in absurdity. 'Yeah, right! I'd have a shotgun to my head before I could say stop.'

Contemplating her options, she realized she didn't have too many choices at that point. Sighing in defeat, she leapt high and landed on the balcony that was attached to the side of the house on the top floor.

She looked to the sliding glass doors that peered inside. Kailee saw a boy about eleven looking through his drawers.

Hesitantly, Kailee knocked on the glass gently. He jumped slightly and turned to look at her through the glass. His expression showed shock and surprise. It was likely because of the fact that a girl was on his balcony in the middle of the night and looked like a hobo.

He came closer to the glass and opened the sliding door slightly, enough for her and him to talk.

"Who are you?" He questioned her warily.

"I know you don't have any reason to trust me," Kailee admitted, "but please, I'll do anything, let me in," she pleaded to the boy. "I'm being chased, I have nowhere to go, I'm cold, I'm hungry, and I'm running out of options. Grab a bat, a shovel. Hell, grab a gun! Just...please."

He frowned before sighing and opened the door for her. Kailee smiled gratefully at him and stepped in.

He closed the sliding door and sat on his bed while she sat on the floor. "So long since I've seen carpet," she hummed dazily.

"Uhh... hello?" The boy tried to get her out of her trance. She turned to look at him and smiled.

"Who is chasing you? Who are you?" He asked her these questions at a quick pace full of anxiousness.

"Honestly, vampires are chasing me. My name is Kailee," she introduced herself. "Call me crazy if you want."

"Vampires? What is this, Twilight?" He joked.

"Kind of." Kailee shrugged. "There's no werewolf/vampire romance, but there are werewolves. The vampires are hunting them," she said.

"So, why are they after you?" He asked.

She rose her eyebrows and smirked. He came to a realization, and his eyes widened. "I have a werewolf in my bedroom," he whispered.

"Yep! Here, let me show you!" She hopped up and backed up to give him some room.

Quickly, she shifted into her white wolf with golden eyes and blue ears. He looked shocked, to say the least. Kailee shifted back and smirked.

"Hey I know this isn't the best time to ask, but can I take a shower? I haven't had one in ages!" She begged suddenly.

Caught off guard but understanding, he nodded and smiled. She was about to hug him when she realized she was a bit too dirty. "I'll hug you when I'm clean," she decided aloud.

She walked towards the door and looked back at him. "What's your name?" Kailee asked politely.

He smiled at her and said, "Nick."