CHAPTER-33

That night around midnight, the lock of the door was opened, and Vivaan entered inside the living room.

He thought the flat to be swept in darkness but night bulbs were glowing which made him conclude Radhika didn't listen to his advice and remain here alone from two weeks. He sighed tiredly.

He sat on the sofa, untieing his shoelaces when he heard the sound of utensils coming from the kitchen.

"Radhika, bring a glass of water." He said in a higher voice.

After some time, he felt a presence beside him. He asked her to put it on the table while he was busy removing his shoes and socks.

As he removed them, he lifted his gaze upward to thank her but halted in between acknowledging the person standing in front of him.

His eyes widened and his mouth fell open.

"You." He mumbled.

"How... I mean...Why..." He struggled to form a proper question in surprise to which she shrugged tiredly and responded.

"Choti dragged me here."

He curtly nodded, looking away in nervousness.

"When did you return?" He slowly muttered, looking here and there uncomfortably.

"This evening."

He stood up from the sofa and gulped the glass of water, which she had offered him, in a go, turning his gaze towards her with a smile, he said, "Make yourself at home."

He was about to walk past her but halted and asked confusingly. "Is Radhika-"

"Inside her room. Sound of her screaming and breaking of something has been coming for the last half an hour."

She informed worriedly with a scrunched forehead while he nodded in acknowledgement with tension and marched towards his room.

He opened the door silently and witnessed Radhika, sitting on the floor with knees brought together to the chest while rolling her body furiously. He approached her, and sitting beside her, he called out her name.

"Radhika"

As soon as the recognition drew on her face, she turned her head towards him in lightning speed with wide eyes and forehead creased in terror. Her face went white.

"Y..you. S..neh..h..aa..." She stumbled to form a simple sentence. When she realised how his entry had ruined her every plan, she gnashed her teeth in anger and queried to him, "What are you doing here?"

He gave an uncomfortable smile, as he replied, in a try to joke, "It's my home too, I guess. Right?"

She narrowed her eyes at him hostility, as she stated, "You met her."

"Yes, she was in the liv-." He was instantly cut off by her in a threatening voice. "Stay away from her."

"Sure. But why is she here?" She smirked at his question and with a fit of humourless laughter, announced, "The great Savitri Chandra threw her on the roads." His forehead creased and he turned stiff hearing it. He mildly replied, "It is not laughable."

She shook her head in disbelief and scoffed at him.

"It is. What she thought, she will be welcomed back like a queen. It was supposed to happen." She continued.

"I am at least glad to see that Savitri's unbiased side. Justice prevails." She eyed a corner with fierce eyes, holding fire of animosity and vengeance. For once, he too shivered at the intensity, they held.