CHAPTER-28

"How long will it take?" Radhika asked looking outside the car window from the passenger seat but never got a reply from Vivaan who was driving the car with intense concentration. They were in the city's spare locality and for the last half an hour, they were just shifting lanes. Her heart sank as they gradually approached the locality where Sneha lived.

"Where are we going?" A deep silence followed.

They had reached Shimla early in the morning and after freshening up and savouring its traditional food as breakfast, Vivaan asked her to stay in the resort while he had to attend an important meeting, then they could tour the city together. But insecure Radhika tagged herself along, claiming she would definitely learn some experience by attending the meeting and promising not to be a nuisance, despite his several denials.

The car came to halt just in front of the house where Sneha lived. So he came to know her whereabouts and travelled all the way to meet his beloved, she concluded. Despite knowing how much she hated her, he brought her here to witness two lovers' reunion. A wave of betrayal ratified her soul. Meanwhile, he remained calm and silent as always.

Vivaan scrutinized the area with a frown. He unlocked his mobile phone and moved his gaze from its screen to the house keenly from time to time.

"Are you sure you are to attend a meeting here?" She asked not liking the silence. She hated how all the time he kept her in dark in the name of a meeting.

"Can't you sit quietly for a minute? I am also as clueless as you." He retaliated looking confusingly at the residential locality. May be due to incapability to pinpoint how the diva of his dream and soon to be the goddess of his life, was living here.

"Are you sure this is the place? Who does a meeting at such a place?" She ridiculed, silently wishing him to confess his intention behind this visit.

"I don't know but the address is correct, I guess." He replied in a voice laced with chaos. He unbuckled his seat belt and stepped out of the car. But before closing the door, he lectured her once more.

"Let me confirm it and you sit here without making any fuss. And no need to roam outside. I will be back in a minute." He declared.

"What happened?" She acted confused.

"Nothing." She shrugged as Vivaan closed the door behind him and not before locking the car doors. She sneered at his actions.

She saw him approaching the main door of the house. Soon the door was opened but she couldn't see the figure as Vivaan's back covered the view. Soon Vivaan returned and seemed too angry for his own good. He ignited the car engine and reversed the car, following the way back to the city. Radhika worriedly asked what happened there.

He shook his head in denial but she was not a fool to differentiate the shift in his mood and the silence stretched inside the car.

In an instance, a worried face replaced with a calm one as she looked at the beautiful untamed landscape of Himachal through the window of the vehicle.

"What happened to your meeting?" She decided to irk him more with her sarcastic voice.

"Nothing. Got cancelled." He replied coolly not veering his concentration away from the wavy roads. She raised a brow in amusement. She crooked her head accessing a better view of his face and with a mockery smile said, "Such weird delegates! Choosing a residential area for official work!" He shrugged his shoulder in dismay.

Though her words and postures were calm, it was she who knew what a rage got ignited inside her. He still dared to lie to her. She couldn't understand why he couldn't get over her. Why he or others chose Sneha above her. What made her a better choice?