Chapter seven - the final piece to the puzzle

✦✦✦✦----𝙬𝙧𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙚:

✦Yes I read the comics and the following chapter has nothing to do with them

✦This story is just fiction, therefore everything written about what happened after avatar defeated Ozai is just how I wish it happened

✦Now, back to the story!

✦✦✦✦-----------------------

-What? Two days? - you started freaking out.

-It's okay Y/N, I'll ask my father if you can come with me - Azula calmed you down.

-He will say no. Like 100%

Azula looked you in the eyes and held both your hands saying "He will approve. Trust me." You sighed, thinking about how boring your life really was before you knew Azula.

-Okay. But then, we have to spend this time really good.

-Yes, of course!

-So... I always wanted to know... what happened after the avatar defeated your dad? - you asked, but Azula didn't say a word. Maybe you shouldn't have asked her this, and just as you wanted to say something else, she spoke:

-I was really bad back then. Really bad. I lost myself, after my friends and family all left me, that is. My uncle Iroh took over the Fire Nation, he returned all the occupied land to the nations it used to belong to.

-I know that, but... what happened toyou?

-Me... well, Iroh, Zuko, Ty Lee and Mai all helped me understand that I don't need people to fear me, as it used to be the only thing I valued. They taught me to love my imperfections and embrace them. I am so grateful they did that, they saw my potential to be a good person when it was really hidden. 

Silence. You couldn't come up with anything to say so you just sat there looking at her. She really is better now, you remember watching her breakdown on the news few years back. 

-I lost everything. And everyone. A lot of it is gone for good, but I am now okay with that. And well, I also have you. You are like the final piece to the puzzle I've been trying to solve since birth, but for some reason I was doing it all wrong so I have never gotten even close to finishing it. And you... you completed it Y/N. And the created image is wonderful, trust me. Thank you.

You could feel your eyes filling with tears.

-Azula! You didn't... have to say that! - you said through tears. Azula chuckled and asked you:

-Are you crying!? God, you're such a cry baby! Stop it, I'm going to cry as well!

-You're just... you have your way with words!

-Well, thanks. Now, let's wipe that masks off of your face shall we?

She took a cloth, wet it with warm water and scrubbed the masks off of your face. She was so gentle, like she was cleaning a fragile, expensive vase. She tilted your chin up with her fingers and smiled looking at you.

-Why are you smiling? - you asked her.

-You're just so lovely, that's it.

-Is that what you thought of me at the beach?

-What?

Azula finished wiping your face and then sat back next to you.

-When you first saw me. You were staring at me and like laughing. You were mocking me the entire time!

-Oh yea, I kind of flirt by being mean. But so do you!

-That's true. I was so nervous on that balcony! - you confessed to what she just giggled and agreed how she felt the same way. It was already 2 am and both of you started yawning.

-Should we go to sleep? - she asked you.

-Sure - you agreed cause your eyelids seemed to become heavier every minute. You brushed your teeth with her and got in your pyjamas. Since Azula really wanted to sleep in the same room with you, you took Reas mattress from the guest room and put it on the floor next to your bed. 

-Okay, good night! - Azula said and you turned the lights of. You slowly drifted off to sleep. The first rays of sun, early at around seven am woke you up, shining directly into your eyes. Azula was still asleep and even with her hair all messy and everywhere, you still melted just at the sight of her. You went to the kitchen and started making the pancakes mixture with flour, milk, butter, eggs and all the other ingredients that go in it. You closed the door of the room where Azula was sleeping so that the smell of fresh pancakes on the hot pan or the sound of the sizzling oil don't wake her up. While waiting for the pancakes to fry, you ate some cereal. When they were done, you stacked four pancakes one on top of the other with nutella (a chocolate paste) in between each. You also put a piece of butter on top that started melting immediately. You placed everything on a plate and went to wake Azula up.

-Good morning! - you said and opened the door of the bedroom. Azula mumbled something so you repeated yourself.

-What is that smell? - she asked, still with her eyes closed.

-I made you a little something.

-Y/N! No! You didn't have to! - she yelled as soon as she realised that she is getting a breakfast in bed. 

-Well, I kinda had to. You did give me an entire spa evening yesterday so I thought...

Azula sat in her bed and put the plate on her legs, slicing the pancakes and eating them with so much joy.

-They're so delicious! - she finally said and shovelled another bite into her mouth.

-I'm glad - you answered. She soon ate it all, indicating that she really did enjoy this. After that, she helped you return the mattress to Reas guest room and clean the kitchen. As you cleaned, you thought about the things you could do with her and the places you might want to show her. You had a ton of ideas; from investigating the little cave on the other side of the island to having  picnic in the near by forest and just as you wanted to ask her what does she feel like doing, her phone rang. She went to the balcony and talked for solid ten minutes.

-Who was it? - you asked her when she finally returned.

-Mai. They want me to go to the city centre with them - these words saddened you, but you were sure Azula turned them down - and I think we'll return in the evening.

-We? Who's we?

-Well... my friends and I

-You're going with them? - you asked in disbelief.

-I have to, we're meeting some family members there and I feel obligated to be there.