Ch.26 Ray Meets Winter

It had only been a couple of minutes, but Ray was starting to stir a little. I figured he'd be out for about an hour. Then he started to groan and move his head.

"Ray, hey Ray. Can you hear me?" I asked.

"Yeah I can hear you," he said as he sat up and shook his head. He then stopped suddenly and swung his head towards me. "Camie?"

I nodded. "It's me."

He suddenly hugged me tightly. I hugged him back. "I was so scared for you. It killed me to wait a day. We should've come sooner. I'm sorry," He said.

"You shouldn't be sorry. At least you came and tried," I assured him.

He pulled back and stood up. He scanned the room. "Where are we?"

"We're in a cell, that for some reason is in Troy's office or something."

He raised an eyebrow at me. I shrugged. He sighed and sat back down. "I guess we're stuck here for a while."

"How's your back?"

He looked at me then attempted to look at his back. "I'm not so sure what happened, but it hurts like hell."

I chuckled. "Here let me take a look." He turned his back towards me. I lifted his shirt to reveal a huge bruise. I ran my hand over it.

"Ow! That hurts!" Ray yelled like a child.

"Sorry."

He turned back around to face me. "So how is it?"

"Well you have a huge bruise that's turned an ugly purple. It should be gone in a few days. Other then that you're fine."

"How did that happen? Troy never once hit my back."

I sighed. "Frank hit you hard with a pipe."

He looked at me confused. He suddenly sprang up and grabbed his head. "What about the others?! Where are they?! Did they get captured?!"

"Ray calm down, they're safe." I grabbed his sleeve and pulled him back to the ground.

He sat down and let out the breath he was holding in. "But how are they safe?" he asked looking at me.

I rubbed the back of my neck. "Well, I'm not so sure myself." I paused, holding out my hands. "Somehow I summoned a wolf. He told me that he was my guardian because I'm the Tiress. He said I had unleashed my true powers. I asked him to take them home and he disappeared along with them." I paused looking up at Ray. "Any of this making sense?"

He paused then shrugged. "Somewhat. So you can summon a wolf that's your guardian, and this is your true power as a Tiress?"

I nodded. "That about sums it up."

He shoved his hands onto his face and groaned. He looked over at me, a smirk plastered to his face. "You know, if James and I never came up to you in art class I wouldn't be in this mess."

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for caring. No seriously I appreciate it."

"Sorry just trying to lighten up the mood."

"You're not doing a very good job," I mumbled

It was silent for a moment before he spoke up again. "I don't regret any of it." I turned to face him. He looked at the wall with a smile. He was deep in thought. "All the things we've been through, all the good times we had. I don't regret meeting you that day in art class. I'm sure James feels the same."

I glanced down at the floor. "I'm sure none of them do, but because of me you're all in my mess."

I could feel him look at me. I kept my gaze to the floor. He sighed. "I'm going to tell you a secret. Think you can keep quiet?"