Epilogue: One Big Reunion

The sun had risen and was streaming through the windows. The weather was nice and gave off a gentle breeze. Inside the house, two pairs of little feet scampered through the hallway. They came to a certain door and opened it slowly. They tiptoed to the edge of the bed and nodded.

"Wake up!" They yelled as they jumped onto the bed.

"Mommy! Daddy! Wake up!" They yelled.

"I'm up! I'm up!" Ray yelled as he sat up.

"Why are you so energetic this morning boys?" I grumbled sitting up as well.

I looked at the two pairs of dark blue eyes. They glanced at each other and smiled brightly.

I smiled as I ruffled their dirty blonde hair.

"I told them not to wake you up."

I glanced at the door way. The light blue eyes she had showing concern and happiness. Her blonde hair was let loose and a wavy mess. I named our daughter after my first real friend. She walked to the edge of the bed and sat down.

"The twins just never listen."

"We do so! We just wanted to get mommy and daddy ready!"

"Well aren't you just mommy's little helpers," I said as I scooped the twins into my arms.

Ray scooted over towards me and poked their cheeks. "Come on Sheila, sit with us."

Our ten year old daughter climbed over and sat beside her father.

I looked down at our eight year old twin sons as they giggled. "Carter, Cameron can you behave today?"

"Of course mommy!" They said.

"No tricks or pranks from you two got it?" Ray asked more then demanded.

They nodded with big smiles.

"I love you guys so much." Ray said as he tickled them. He wrapped his arms around me and our daughter bringing us into a big hug. "I love you all."

"We love you too!" Our little boys said.

"I love this family," our daughter said softly. She is just like me while the twins got Ray's personality. It's a hassle with two little mischievous boys but I still love them no matter what.

"Okay you three get dressed and ready for today," I said as I set the boys onto the ground.

"Got it!" They ran off towards their room they shared.

"And don't forget to let Rain in and feed him! He's been out all night!" I yelled at them.

"Yes mom!"

"I can't wait to see everyone," Sheila stated as she walked to her room.

Ray turned to me and gave me a peck on the lips. "Good morning my dear."

I smiled. "Good morning to you too. Now get up you weirdo." I jumped out of bed and went towards our closet. "We have to get ready for this cookout."

I heard him get out of bed. "James and Ren will be here early to help cook food."

I was looking forward to see everyone again. It's been a while.

....................................

I was making some tea and started seasoning the hamburgers when the doorbell rang.

"Aunt Ren! Uncle James!" The twins yelled as they ran to the door.

I wiped my hands off on a towel as the said two stepped through the door.

"Don't worry! The party is here!" James yelled.