Chapter 15

"Oikawa and I.... Are two of the people who were sent to the first layer of hell."

The others stared at Kageyama as he carried on with his explanation.

"For some reason, knowledge of the reincarnation system got leaked into the human world and the humans actively tried to get into the heaven space. They started to do all acts of good faith to try and collect good will but that only backfired since they did it with an ulterior motive. Because of that, the angel population plummeted.

On the other hand, those who just died naturally increased dramatically.

The one thing that ties us demons to the angels are numbers. There cannot be a difference larger than ten between out overall numbers because any more and if a hypothetical war were to break out, one would win.

So because the angel numbers plummeted, we demons had to die out too. Those who were sacrificed burnt from a red flame to a blue one and that was how a will o' wisp came to be."

"Are you saying will o' wisps are dead demons?"

Kageyama nodded and the club took a deep breath as they took it in.

"Oikawa and I had just become demons before this event and I just lived life as I was supposed to but it seemed that Oikawa actively wanted to sin his soul to become a higher level demon."

"What?"

"Ah right, humans wouldn't know. There are different types of demons. I assume angels are the same but there are nine demon types and Oikawa wanted to evolve into a particular demon. Oikawa wanted a soul collector type demon because the job was to eat the souls of the damned. "

Kageyama pinched his nose bridge as he carried on." The problem is that I evolved before him and ended up taking the last collector spot by accident. Like I said, the numbers are limited because of the angels so only a select few can evolve. The requirements to evolve seem to be solitude so that was why I could and he couldn't.

Oikawa was always surrounded by woman and I was alone because I liked it. And the solitude is what evolved me.

Anyway, when another generation of angels didn't reincarnate, another generation of demons had to become will o' wisps and can you guess who was one of them?"

The club nodded as they realized Oikawa haf become a wisp.

"So instead of getting to eat souls, he has to collect the souls for me to swallow and he hates me for it.

Because of that, anything I like or have is something he wants so tries his best to take them."

He finished and although everyone was taking in the information, Noya with his overabundance of confidence elbowed the demon with a smirk.

"So you like Shouyou?"

"Hah?!?!?!"

"Huh? You mean you don't even realize how obvious you are about how like him like that?"

The demon nodded as the harpy sighed.

"I can't tell who's more dense! You not knowing how obvious you are or Shouyou not noticing how obvious you are!"

He paused and then grinned.

"I guess that's why you're perfect for each other."

"We're here!" Suga called and they got to just outside the red light district.

I got here before them!

Thank the ruler no one saw me. If I remember correctly... Oikawa was frequently seen at the brothel area?...

Hinata walked down the street he remembered from the year before trying to remember how to get there.

Oh! This was were I met Kageyama the first time! It was just a bit further from here right?

Hinata found the building that had flashy red lights and a sweet smell coming from inside.

He gulped as he got closer,

It's okay, I'm here to talk to Oikawa. It's not like I'm here to rent a.... Aaaahhhhh let's go in now!

Walking awkwardly into the building, Hinata thanked the ruler once again as he spotted the wisp immediately.

"Oikawa!"

The wisp in question smoothly turned around as he layed eyes on the small ginger.

"And who are you birdie?"

"I just want to ask a few questions!"

"Hmm...." Oikawa kissed the girl he was with and blushed as she waited by the side and the wisp walked so gracefully over, it was almost as if he glided.

Oh yeah! Kageyama said he had no bottom!

Oikawa peered into his face to look closer before murmuring gently.

"You don't belong in this side of town..."

Hinata smiled not knowing what that meant and Oikawa smirked.

"Interesting..."

He straightened up again before gliding to the girl he was with. "Hey I know I said I would keep you company tonight but this one peaked my interest."

He kissed her again before waving her goodbye. "Sorry kitten."

Just like that, he ditched the girl who started to fume with anger and stomp her feet.

"This way birdie, where we can talk...in private."

Hinata followed happily as Oikawa lead him to a room and once inside, they say together on the sofa before Hinata started talking.

"HI! I'm Shouyou Hinata and I'm part of the research club!"

The wisp nodded as it would make sense how someone not from the red district would know of him otherwise.

"So what's your little question that you got for me?" Oikawa asked as he leaned closer.

"Ah yes! Can I see your transformation please?"

Hinata held his notebook and pen ready to take notes as he stared with sparkly eyes.

Oikawa grinned as he looked the ginger up and down.

"Sure but..."

"hmm?"

"Only if you strip."

"Huh? Why?"

Oikawa looked away and dramatical covered his face hiding his smirk.

"I feel awkward if I'm the only one naked..."

Hinata's face lit up as he got up.

"It's okay! You don't have to be embarrassed at all!"

He quickly wrote on his notepad the information as Oikawa got up too.

"Then let's strip~"