33

Hey, Scott, call me when you get this.. it's pretty important... Actually life changing...

Nova thinks before pressing send, does she really want to tell him over the phone? It's been a few days since she told Stiles the news and already, the pack has more things to worry about. Like a young beta.

"Hey, love." The all too smooth voice says from behind her as cold lips press against her temple. She sighs in content and tiredness, "Hey."

Edward frowns, "Still haven't told him?"

"Well, it's not like I can say 'oh hey, Scotty, just wanted to pop in to give you my wedding invite when I promised you a date last time we talked'. That would break him."

Edward bites his lip in thought as his eyes search mine. He smiles softly at me and whispers, "Then, give him the date first."

"Wait, what?"

Nova blinks a couple times, "You want me, your fiancé, to take her best friend whom she had a really long crush on, on a date?!"

"Why not?" Edward smirks before leaning closer, his lips grazing hers, "At the end of the day, you're still going to be my wife. But at least, he will get his chance."

Nova chews on her lips before sighing, "It just doesn't sound right."

"Think about it." Edward hums before kissing her lips fully. His cold lips on her warm ones definitely never got old; he would ignite the fire within her every time, yet it would extinguish the stress and rage in seconds.

Giving a small wink, Edward walks out of her room. She could hear him talking to Charlie about going suit shopping. The familiar chuckle of Charlie warms her heart. She never felt at home in Beacon Hills no matter how hard the pack had tried to help her. Yet, in this small and cold town, she felt her heart melt into the souls of these simply beautiful people.

The phone ringing gave her no choice but to make a decision, Scott's name flashing.

"Scott."

"Hey, Nova, can we meet up? I'm heading to Forks right now. I got a new beta and I need your help. He's a bit of a mess."

Nova chuckles, "Much like how you were?"

"I was not a mess."

"Yes, you were. You almost bit my head off!" Stiles could be heard in the background as a new voice exclaims, "Well what stopped you?"

A silence could be heard before a thud sounds through the phone.

"Sorry, Nova. There was a pest in the car," Stiles grumbles as Nova laughs, "Oh God, okay, meet me at this diner. I'm sending you the address."

"Great, see you soon!"

"Bye, boys."

Nova giggles at the phone call before turning to see Bella at the door, chewing on her lip. Her eyes shone with fresh tears as a few dropped from her warm brown eyes.

"What's wrong?" Nova asks worriedly.

"It's Isaac, he broke up with me."

——————————————-

"The beta is sort of cute." Bella giggles as Liam, the new beta, goes to the bathroom with Stiles tailing him. He claimed it was to keep an eye on him.

"I miss the bromance between you and Spaz. Now, it's just Liam and Stiles." Nova sighs as Scott looks at her incredulously, "What?"

Nova and Bella exchange glances before chuckling, "oh, nothing."

"So was there something you needed to tell me?" Scott raises an eyebrow at Nova who gulps, "What?"

"Well, on the way here, Stiles kept hinting that you had something important to say to me," Scott explains while leaning back in his chair, his arm resting against Stiles's chair back.

Nova looks over at Bella who jumps up, "Uh, I have to use the bathroom, too, actually."

Bella rushes over to the bathrooms and grabs ahold of Stiles and Liam who were about to exit. Liam almost falls backwards while Stiles groans from the sudden chokehold, "Woman, what is the issue?"

"They're having the talk." Bella whispers and Stiles widens his eyes, "in the middle of half the town?!"

"Well, I don't know what problem that is, but if things go south, at least I'm here." Liam huffs his chest out and Bella and Stiles frown, "Yeah, we are doomed."

"So, what was it?" Scott asks again and Nova smiles softly, "I owe you a date."

"Wait... but you're with-"

"He said I could have one before things change."

"Are you serious?! No way, um yeah when?" Scott asks excited and Nova giggles, "Tonight?"

"That sounds perfect." Scott grins, unaware of just exactly what was to come.