1

The raindrops were slowly dripping down the glass, playing a game of tag that only belonged to them. Time escaped them, just as the eyes watching them wished to escape her surroundings.

"Nova!" A slight shout shakes the girl out of her thoughts as she glances up to see a very smiley young man next to her. His shaggy brown hair covered his eyes barely as he had recently trimmed it. His crooked smile brought a small smile to her lips as she nods at him to continue.

"School's over. Do you need a ride home?" He asks as he places a helmet on her desk. Looking around, she notices that sure enough, everyone had left her classroom. Nodding, she stands and pushes the helmet on timidly.

Nova follows the teen out of the school, waving goodbye to their friends before sliding onto the back of his motor bike.

"Do you think we could study later for science? I'm doing real bad." The boy in front of her shouts over the sound of the steady engine of the bike. Nova taps twice on his shoulder indicating a yes. The boy sighs deeply as the bike stutters to a stop. As she gets off, he grabs onto her hand, "Nova, talk to me."

She pauses and cocks her head to the side as his eyes plead with her.

"What happened to Lydia wasn't your fault, and you know that. Peter did that. We'll find her, we promise."

Nova smiles softly before pulling off the helmet from the boy's head. She leans down and kisses his cheek softly. As she pulls away, he smirks a little before pulling her closer, "Speak to me, Nova. I miss my best friend's voice."

Shaking her head, she playfully pushes him away before running off into the underground room.

"Nova, welcome home." A rough voice says softly as arms engulf her in a smelly hug. Scrunching her nose, she shoves away the person in disgust.

A chuckle leaves the gruff man's voice, "What? Just because you're sixteen now, you can't hug your brother anymore?"

Nova waves her hand in front of her nose sending her brother into deep laughter. She smiles brightly at his laugh as he pulls her into the room where a nice lunch sat awaiting her, "Eat up. We have plans."