27

Bella watches her dad and Nova as they watch yet another football game. She never was one to watch games with him, go fishing with him, heck even have more than a five minute conversation with him. Somehow within herself, she felt peace with the fact that he has someone to confide in.

Nova looks back and catches her eye, flashing her a bright smile, "Bella, come watch with us!"

"Isn't your boyfriend coming to pick us up in a bit?" Bella teases to which she jumps up, "Oh no, I forgot!"

"Forgot about the trip?"

"Forgot to pack!"

Charlie and Bella share a look before chuckling as Nova rushes around, getting everything ready. By the time Edward arrives, her room looked like a tornado hit it.

"What's going on?" Edward asks as Nova comes hurdling through and drops her duffel bag, "Done."

Edward grabs it cautiously eyeing the bag before peeking into the hallway, "What exactly did you pack?"

"Female things, Edward." Nova pats his arm before hugging Charlie goodbye and pulling Bella out, "Are you ready?"

"A little nervous, but I'm excited!" Bella claps as Nova squeals in delight as they slightly shiver from the chilly air.

Edward drove the entire way, not letting either of the girls miss the scenic view, or perhaps, he just preferred to keep them safe from their usual clumsy selves. Upon arriving, Nova stretches her arms out before almost being knocked over in a tackle.

"Hey!" Nova grunts just as she smells the familiar pine trees and cologne, smiling brightly, "Derek!"

"You're back!" Derek cheers as he hugs her tighter to him before letting go and kissing her forehead.

"Ahem," Bella clears her throat as she eyes Derek with curious eyes. Derek glances up before blushing a little, "Oh, hello."

Nova looks curiously between the two before raising her eyebrows, "She's taken."

Derek looks over at Edward before nodding, "Sorry, man."

Bella bursts out laughing as Nova punches Derek in the arm, "No, you idiot! Bella is Isaac's girl. I'm Edward's."

Edward smirks slightly before extending a hand, "It's nice to meet you, Derek. I'm Edward Cullen."

"Ah, the boyfriend. He's a little.. pale." A voice says from behind them and Nova turns to see Peter. She raises an eyebrow at him, "You're here?"

"Why, Nova, what a mean way to greet your uncle." Peter says and Nova shrugs, "You're mean."

"So, how's Stiles doing?"

"Besides being locked in a mental asylum?" Peter asks as they head upstairs to put up their bags. Derek helps Edward with the bags before adding, "He's doing what he thinks is best for the group."

"Is that really what's best though?" Bella asks as she sits down on the bar stool by the window where Derek goes to stand, "Probably not."

Nova's room had been changed slightly at the loft, it was right below Derek's room, secluded by curtains. Edward was to take the couch while Bella and Nova took her room.

"Your boyfriend is as stoic as your brother." Peter mumbles as they all gather around the living room to watch old home videos. Derek growls slightly as he sits on one side of Nova with Edward on the other end.

"Oh my gosh, is that you, Nova? Look at your braids! Aww, you were adorable!" Bella exclaims as the younger Nova starts screaming in excitement as she spots a cake.