32

Nova had hidden well before the Volturi showed up. Isaac and Jacob managed to burn the redhead and her trusted ally. She now sits in front of her web camera and prays that her brother and uncle were in a good mood. Subconsciously, she plays with the new ring on her finger as she admires the spring enveloping the world around her.

"Nova!" An all too familiar sarcastic voice exclaims and she turns to meet the smirk of her uncle Peter. She smiles kindly at him as she watches him be shoved to the side by her brother, Derek.

"Hey, munchkin." Derek grins as he sees her sitting with her chin on her knee. She grins back before saying, "Hey guys."

"You seem different. What's up?" Derek asks as Nova bites her lip and shuts her eyes before opening them and pleading, "Please, just don't get mad, ok?"

Derek and Peter give each other a look before nodding for her to continue. She slowly lifts her hand up and shows them the ring.

"I'm engaged."

Derek's jaw drops as Peter leans into the camera, exclaiming, "Excuse me?"

Nova lets out a nervous chuckle as she smiles at them, "Surprise?"

"You're only eighteen!" Derek growls and Peter shrugs, "She's an adult, technically."

"Nova, you better be waiting to get married." Derek massages his temples as she chuckles, "Actually we decided on a date already."

Nova gives a little shrug at the word already and Peter starts laughing loudly as Derek groans. He looks over again to the ring and sighs dramatically.

"When's the wedding?" He grumbles and a head pops up from next to Nova, scaring him slightly, "August thirteenth."

Alice grins widely and ecstatically at the two men who give her uncomfortable looks. Peter whispers, "Uh, Nova, there's a crazed girl next to you."

Nova giggles as Alice huffs, "Being ecstatic about my brother getting married is not crazy. My best friend is finally going to be my sister in law!"

"Have you told Scott and Stiles yet?" Derek asks quietly and Nova stops giggling immediately. She thinks back to when she told the girls. Of course, at the time, the thought passed her head on how in the world she would tell the two boys who showed affection towards her. She loved them both, just not as she loved Edward.

"I will soon." Nova nods and Derek gives her a stern look before saying, "You better not waste too much time. Tuxes are expensive to make. I doubt the two children have any in the first place."

"They're only a few years younger than you." Nova rolls her eyes before Peter nudges Derek, "Oh, we have to go now. But talk to you soon, munchkin."

"Bye, guys." Nova waves as the screen goes back to the custom blue of Skype. Looking out into the front yard, she smiles at the sight of Ivy and Jacob passing a football between each other. Near them, sits Bella and Isaac, both tanning in the sun.

"Is telling the two going to be hard?" Alice asks randomly and Nova shakes her head, "Not hard. Heartbreaking."

Alice gives the girl an odd look, her voice being interrupted by a certain blonde.

"You'll have to tell them either way. You will be marrying Edward anyways." Rosalie says as she paints her nails. Next to her, Lydia sits admiring the scene in front of her.

"It probably won't be too bad telling Stiles. He's too busy being obsessed with Malia to notice much." Lydia grimaces and Nova smirks, "Miss the attention of the dork already?"

"Not gonna say it wasn't flattering," Lydia shrugs and Nova chuckles at her before sighing, "Ok, what about Scott?"

"That might a little difficult. He's still waiting on that second chance date."