7

Edward had met up with Nova after school and offered to drive her to his place to 'study'.

"Nice car." Nova comments as she admires the way the car moved smoothly along the road. Edward smiles softly, "Thank you. It's the safest car in the world."

"Ironic." Nova huffs before turning in her seat and lifting a foot up, "So are y'all actually related or just adopted?"

"Adopted, so to say."

"How old are you?"

"Seventeen."

"How long have you been seventeen?"

Edward mutters the answer but Nova still hears, "A while."

"Hmm," she hums before sitting normally as they arrive at his house, "Wow. You live here?"

"Yup."

"It's gorgeous." Nova whispers in awe, jumping a little when Edward uses his super speed to open her door before she did.

Edward leads her up and into the modern house. He helps her take off her coat and ushers her into the beautiful home. The smell of fresh garlic and roasted tomatoes wash over her as she peers around the corner after climbing up the stairs and smiling at the scene in front of her. There, she sees Carlisle and a lovely woman next to him cooking together. The woman had long brown hair which had been done nicely. Her golden eyes smile at Nova eagerly and her face reminded Nova of having a motherly figure.

"Good afternoon, Nova. Welcome to our home. I'm Esme, Edward's adoptive mother." Esme smiles widely and hugs Nova gingerly and Nova pulls back with a smile, "Hello Mrs. Cullen. It's very nice to meet you. You have a gorgeous home."

"Oh, thank you, Nova," Esme steps back and laughs a tinkling laugh, "Please call me Esme."

"I hope you're hungry, Nova." Emmett, one of Edward's adopted brothers, as Nova found out, says in a joking voice as he chops up some chicken.

"I'm actually starving," Nova strolls over to the sink and washes her hands before turning to the amused vampires, "How can I help?"

Carlisle smirks at her and passes her the salad bowl, "You may toss the salad."

Nova smiles broadly and grabs the bowl, spinning it as she uses a tong to mix it. Edward watches on and stands near Rosalie, his adopted sister. She smiles softly at Emmett tousling Nova's hair as he walks past her, "She's different."

"Sometimes you should give people a chance." Edward says to her and she rolls her eyes, "Alice's vision said she would be the most powerful the world has seen, but only when you two get together. What does that even mean?"

"Not everything I see is accurate." Alice points out as she jumps down from a tree outside and steps into the living room from the window. Nova looks up from her conversation with Carlisle to see the two love birds walk in.

"Nova!" Alice rushes to her and hugs her tightly, "Oh, you do smell good."

"Alice," Edward widens his eyes at her words but then his jaw goes slack as Nova replies, "Oh, thank you. I sprayed some forest scented spray on me. Thought it would help mask my scent."

"Well," Rosalie rolls her eyes, "I can still smell you."

"It used to work on my brother." She shrugs before pulling Alice and Esme down to sit.

"So, Nova, have you started to remember who you are?" Carlisle asks as the girl helps herself to salad. Nova sighs as she places her fork down, "Truth be told, I remember everything."

"What? But your brain scans," Carlisle mutters and Nova shrugged, "I remembered it all from the first moment. It's just I didn't want to be put back there. I left for a reason. I wasn't wanted there. You see, I was adopted into that family. They were all so welcoming."