8

"It's beautiful here." Nova gasps seeing the flowers all over the meadow. It was a weekend and Nova had been sitting around her room, looking at old pictures on her dead phone. Edward had texted her that he would take her to his favorite place, so she had gotten dressed and now here they were.

Edward watches Nova in admiration as she caresses every flower and leaf. Her bond with nature made him appreciate nature. He had always shut everything out because he didn't believe in the beauty of things anymore. Being damned for life and all.

"So you seem to mix well with my family," Edward begins as he takes a seat on the soft grass, "Even Rosalie really likes you, and she rarely likes anyone."

Nova smiles at him, plopping down next to him, "I am glad."

Her face falls suddenly as she looks out onto the horizon before she licks her lips, "I hope my being here, knowing your secret, won't cause a problem for you guys. I know how difficult it is to have a human know about all this stuff."

"We don't mind. You don't seem to be the type to blab all this out. Actually, Carlisle has taken a great interest in you. Your body healed faster than a human. Your mind is fascinating."

"Is that so?" Nova raises an eyebrow before sighing, "I used to get night terrors or at least, that's what they called it. To me, it was more like visions. Then, sleepwalking started. Talia, Derek's mom, didn't like calling it that. Maybe because I kept mentioning the butterflies."

"Butterflies?"

Nova smiles softly, "I see butterflies, they lead me to things. It sounds odd, I know. But they lead me out of danger, or to potential danger. Either way, it's like they guide me through my life."

"That is incredible." Edward whispers and as their eyes meet, Nova smirks, "They seem to like you as well."

Smirking back, Edward leans closer, "Is that so? Why is that?"

Shrugging, Nova says, "Maybe they see the goodhearted man I see."

Edward leans back to study the young girl in front of him. She was unlike anyone he ever met. How could someone like her even like him?

"My heart is frozen."

"But your soul is alive."

Not really wasting a moment, Nova places a kiss on his cheek. A light blush covers her face as she stutters, "Sorry, I just..."

Edward simply pulls her in closer and cuddles her carefully, nuzzling his face into her hair. She smelled like marshmallows and sandalwood, an odd but delightful scent.

"You smell delicious, but the reason I can stop myself from wanting to indulge in that sweetness is because I want to enjoy your company. You bring about this feeling that I have never felt before. You make me feel alive in a world void of the living."

Nova bursts out laughing as Edward looks on confused, "Have I said something wrong?"

"I'm s-sorry," Nova laughs before wrapping her arms around his neck and looking up, "What you said was very cheesy."

"Cheesy?"

"Mhm."

Edward flips her over and hovers over her, "What I said was meant to be romantic."

"You say cringey romantic things," Nova giggles before caressing his face softly, "Do I feel scorching hot?"

"No, you feel warm. Like the perfect temperature a blanket gives you on a cold night."

Nova smiles at this before flipping them over, her lips peppering kisses all over his face, "Stop being so sweet to me."

"Why?"

"Otherwise, you'll make me think I was your girlfriend."

"Are you not?"

Nova pauses and pushes herself up before pondering it and shaking her head, "No, you're going to have to work harder than that, Cullen."

"How so?"

"Figure it out. I am late for supper, so drop me off." Nova stands and walks away while turning to wink at Edward. He smirks at her departure before standing and throwing her over his shoulder, speeding to the car.

"Ugh," Nova groans once being put in his car, "Give a girl a warning next time, please."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Charlie stands at the doorway to the kitchen, watching Nova prepare their dinner as she hums quietly. He had received a phone call from Renee that their daughter, Bella, wanted to come visit Charlie for a few days. He didn't want to kick Nova out of Bella's room, but Bella would be mad that Nova took her room.

"What's on your mind, Charlie?" The sweet voice disrupts his thoughts and he sighs deeply, "Bella is coming home next week."

Nova looks up at him, chewing on her bottom lip, "So you want me to leave?"

"No!" Charlie says quickly, "Of course not. I might just have to put you in the guest room, if that's alright."

"Of course, it is alright! It is her room after all." Nova nods and Charlie smiles, "You're a sweet kid."

Charlie sits down and looks down at the pasta in front of him in delight, "I would never throw you out of this house unless you wanted to leave. This is as much your home as it is mine."

Nova nods in appreciation as they sit in nice silence eating dinner.

The next day, Nova turns on her other phone and sees missed Skype calls from a user called theotherstilinski. Curious, she calls it back and soon a girl is peering back at her.

"Nova!" She cheers and turns stern, "Where the hell are you? Everyone's been worried, but then Deaton gave me a hint on how to contact you."

"Ivy! Keep it down! They can't know about me." Nova hisses and Ivy raises her eyebrow, "What? Why not?"

Nova rolls her eyes, a Stilinski will always be the curious one.

"Because Derek said his true feelings, and because I belong here, not there. I finally found my home." Nova smiles softly and Ivy grins, "Okay, promise I won't tell anyone. As long as you're happy."

"So, how was the east side?" Nova asks as she settles deeper into her blankets, catching up with her old friend.

Ivy Marie Stilinski was Stiles's younger sister. She had mostly grown up in public schools until high school where her intellectual skills got recognition from a top school in the east. There, she attended the first half of her high school career.

"Ivy, who are you talking to?" A familiar voice asks and Nova immediately turns off her camera as she sees her suspicions come to life as Stiles enters the room. Ivy gulps visibly before groaning, "Stiles, ever heard of knocking?"

"Who are you talking to? You've been in here for hours!"

"My friend."

"What friend?" Nova smacks her head in annoyance before hearing Charlie yell that dinner was ready.

Nova deepens her voice before saying, "Hey yo, imma head to eat. Talk later."

"Peace!" Ivy signs before the screen goes blank. Nova sighs before turning off the phone and heading downstairs. That was close.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Who have you been thinking about?" Stiles asks Scott who sits on his Jeep, deep in thought. Scott sighs before handing a picture over that has been in hands for hours.

"Nova," Stiles whispers before scratching his head, "You know my sister was on the phone with someone for hours."

"Really? Who?"

"It was on skype by the username of butterflychaser."

Scott ponders this before widening his eyes, "It couldn't be, could it?"

"Yeah, well I don't know. Ivy has been spending a lot of time at Deaton's as well. You think they know something we don't?" Stiles asks and Scott jumps off the car, "Well, let us go find out."