The bigger picture. That was what Jungkook wasn't seeing. The way he and Hani stood next to each other... it reminded him of something. It reminded him of the picture his mother used to have framed in the living room back at his old pack. That picture of her and Jungkook's dad holding a little baby in their arms in front of that house. It reminded him of family, of the first time he ever encountered the word family. His first introduction to what "Family" is. The Alpha got reminded of how much he loved his, how much he protected them. How he watched his parents lovingly, wishing one day he could experience something like that too.

Jungkook started getting numb, his eyes blinked rapidly. The impatient tears were prickling his eyelashes and for some reason, he was getting too warm.

"Jungkook? Is everything okay?"

It was like rewinding a video. Jungkook felt he had rewound himself to how he first was, before he thought about family. He stood in the room, perplexed, motionless; Lina and Hoseok's daughter was still in his arms. Nodding his head, he bent down and gave the baby back.

"I hope she feels very welcomed here, Lina and Hoseok hyung"

The Alpha mustered a smiled as he spoke the words, trying to pretend like nothing had happened. Pretending that he had not gotten stuck in his own memories and thoughts. Hani noticed it. It became even more clear when Jungkook's gaze met hers and for a few seconds, it seemed like a shooting star lived inside his eyes. He was going through a lot, she was too. So, she just pressed a small kiss to his cheek while she rubbed his back. This was not the time nor place for either of them to dwell into their problems. Yes, Hani believed the reason behind Jungkook's absent-mindedness was his problems. Yet, his mind was out of reach because he was thinking about her, and him, and them.

"Since the tradition of the Alpha welcoming the new member is done, let's all give the parents their moment. Plus, the new mom needs to rest"

At Jin's words the group left the room, leaving behind Hoseok and Lina to enjoy some alone time with their daughter. Taking this opportunity, Hani softly tugged at Jungkook's sweatshirt, attempting to get his attention.

"What's this tradition all about?"

Hani asked as soon as Jungkook's eyes laid on her. Truthfully, she was still confused at what had happened in that room, just moments ago.

"When there's a new member, the Alpha and the Luna must welcome them into the pack. Usually if it's an outsider that becomes a part of the pack, we just welcome them and help them settle in by giving all that's necessary to do so. If it's a member that is born from a member of the pack, then usually the parents may ask us to welcome them and bless them. It is seen as a good luck charm."

"Was this your idea?"

"No, oh no" Jungkook laughed in between his words as he continued on taking the girl and also leading the group outside of the cabin. "It was actually Namjoon hyung. A lot of this pack is the way it is because of Namjoon hyung... Through him, I was able to see what a genuine pack looked like. It was... the guide towards building this one."

Honestly, there was still so much Hani didn't know about this pack or how it was established. Most of the packs had been around for centuries, yet Jungkook's was a new one, fairly recent. One that was built and not inherited. The girl couldn't help but be curious of its beginnings. Hani opened her mouth to ask more questions but before she could, however, Daeun grabbed her enthusiastically, detaching her from the Alpha.

"Enough chit-chat. We are the aunties of this new baby so we need to do some shopping to give both the mommy and the baby some gifts. C'mon off we go."