Chapter 43

A/N

ThEoRy: Barack Obama could control the weather!? ☁🌡

After the tragic events of Hurricane Sandy, some newspapers started spreading the message that this event might have been engineered by none other than Barack Obama. It was that the president used to create the hurricane, and some people even spoke about this being a way for the president to be reelected.

ANYWAYS ENJOY :)

Sahana P.O.V.

"Hii maa." I smiled, speaking through the phone. 

"Hi kozhanda (baby), how are you doing?" just by hearing her voice, my mind and body felt at ease. 

My family is made up of four: Me, Maya my mother, Arvind my dad, and Rishi my younger brother. 

"I'm doing fine, just things are getting a little hectic in the office because of the launch that's all. I'm sorry I wasn't able to talk to you because of that." I pouted.

"Ah don't worry about me, think about Appa(Dad) and Rishi! You KNOW your dad and his paranoias." 

I went silent. 

My eyes became glossy. 

A tiny, "yeah." escaped my mouth. 

I put a hand to my stomach, remembering the location of the biggest cut, now scar. 

I sniffled, "But it's ok. The nightmares are occurring less and less often now."

Ma sighed in relief, "Anyways, your brother is literally studying in NYU, WHICH is near you. Have you visited him anytime recently? I mean he's your goddamn brother?!" 

I wiped my eyes, "Pfft he's finee. The dummy is gonna graduate soon, he's probably living his life right now."

I heard a sigh from her, "Please, just make sure to call Appa ok? He obviously misses you more than I do."

I gasped, "Are you saying you don't miss me Amma?!"

"Nooo I'm jokingg of course I miss youuu my babyyy. Wonderful, beautiful kozhandaaa mwah mwah." 

I laughed then suddenly began to cough. 

"Are you ok? Go get some thani (water)." 

"Yeah I'm going *cough* *cough*"

"Are you sick baba? Make some rasam (soup) for yourself." I could already hear the worried tone in her voice. 

"No ma I'm ok. Its probably just a little cold. I'll be A-OK kavala padadhai (don't worry)."

"Ok, BUT why don't you visit LOOSU (idiot)."

"MA I JUST TOLD YOU, THE LAUNCH. THAT'S MY NUMBER ONE PRIORITY RIGHT NOW." "Besides, you only live like 2 hours away, I can come anytime."

"Ok, ok. But besides that, WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO GET MARRIED." 

I rolled my eyes, "OH MY GOD MA NOT THIS AGAIN?! HOW DO YOU ALWAYS BRING THIS TOPIC INTO EVERY SINGLE CONVERSATION WE HAVE?!" 

"YOU'RE 23 YEARS OLD SAHANA. YOU'RE LUCKY IM THAT MOM WHO WONT JUST GO FIND SOME UGLY MAN WITH MONEY, ARRANGE YOU WITH HIM, AND MAKE YOU LIVE THE REST OF YOUR LIFE BY HIS SIDE." 

"SO, GO FIND SOMEONE BEFORE I CHANGE MY MINDSET LIKE EVERY BROWN AUNTY OUT THERE, OK?!" I brought the phone slightly away from my ears, still being able to hear ma's yelling.