Chapter 33

A/N

FuN FaCt: A $1 bill costs 5 cents to make 💵

AnYwAyS EnJoY

Sahana P.O.V.

"That's my cue."

I stared at Jai as he made his way up to the stage and hugged Blaire before getting handed the mic. 

"Hi everyone, hope you all are enjoying the party so far," he smiled.

"I'd like to start off by thanking Blaire for inviting me. She was a great person to work with and I'm truly honored to have done my job in order to help her company start off on a good note." 

He turned his head to her, 

"I would love to work with you again Blaire. Let's keep in touch. Thank you everyone." Jai finished off, hugging Blaire once again and exiting the stage.

He walked back to where he was, next to me, grinning. 

"So that's why you're here huh?" I said.

He nodded in pride.

"Wow, the man behind it all is standing right next to me. How can I be this close to such a big celebrity?" I teased. 

Jai then started searching for something, "Ah, I don't have my pen with me, sorry." 

"Pfft." I snickered.

We put our attention back to Blaire, 

"The next person I want to come up to the stage is someone who has helped me out since the very beginning."

"I always came to her for advice, and what I should do in order to have a successful business."

"She is one of the most important people that helped me go through this tough process emotionally."

I saw Blaire's hand extend and point towards me. 

Me? 

I looked behind to make sure it wasn't a misunderstanding. 

No one was there. 

"Everyone please welcome the CEO of SK Beauty, Sahana Karthik! Sahana, would you please come to the stage?" Blaire grinned. 

My surprised reaction never left my face, until I became spotlighted.

"Um, hi everyone, hope you all are doing good and enjoying this wonderful party,"

I gestured all around me, 

"See, Blaire is very dear to me, and I treat her like my little sister."

"She's that type of person who takes criticism as a positive thing, and you rarely find people like that."

I smiled at her, "Every time we have lunch together, she always does these three things,"

"Talk about our companies,"

"Gossip,"

"And just eats the food." 

Laughs faintly emerged from the crowd. 

"But besides all that, I can tell she truly is passionate about what she does."

"I can tell she's the type of person who wants to go to work and conquer the day."

"I can tell Blaire is the type of person, who won't let any obstacle stop her,"