Chapter 67: Rebirth (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

So, this incident wasn't enough to fully awaken the drakul's blood inside him

So, this incident wasn't enough to fully awaken the drakul's blood inside him. Though Kashi felt a tinge disappointed, the brief awakening still served to save his life, much like Suvron's Mark had saved Lunette's. However, unlike Lunette, his HP and MP had not been recovered by the slight boost. In fact, the little HP he had took a minor hit from the change. He currently had 200 HP and 500 MP. Definitely not enough for a prolonged fight.

Kashi noted his teams' MPs. The orchestra needed another 10-15 minutes before they would be ready for another song, Except Hektor, the other warriors' MPs were dangerously low, and as a result, could not effectively damage Belrug. A warrior's Ki recovered much faster than classes that used MP. Most of the warriors present needed only 5 minutes to regain their Ki, but Belrug would definitely recover from the shock in a few seconds and retaliate.

As Kashi drummed up a plan, Syel walked up beside him. Without looking at the halben, he asked. "How did it go?"

Syel conjured a ball of ice in his palm. "The beast had enough blood for one major attack." He noticed Kashi's hands shake slightly. "You really are not Mato Suzuki, are you?" He walked past, heading towards the Monig. "Don't worry, Kash," he called over his shoulder. "I made sure it had a swift, painless death."

Kira noticed the pained expression the daeben wore. It was the same one he held when he slew her mother. He was still willing to do what it took to achieve his goals, even if it went against his morals. She closed her eyes and called out to her mother. 'Guide me.' With that, she charged Belrug.

As Syel charged across the room, Belrug let out a savage roar as he tore to his feet and flung the warriors off of him. With blinding agility, he slapped their suspended bodies into all corners of the room.

Syel noticed the attack but kept on his own path. His eyes met the Monig's, his sinister grin causing the priest to falter, even behind his protective barrier.

Meanwhile, Kira calmly called out to her partner as she neared the raging beast. "I'll give you the time you need. Let the others rest."

Kashi frowned, but he knew better than to question her once she'd made her choice. "Fine, be careful."

As the direwolf charged, thick black smoke engulfed her frame. Like a massive living cloud, it expanded exponentially as it approached Belrug.

Syel punched the Monig's barrier, wincing as raging sparks of electricity rejected his advance.

"Fool!" the Monig gloated. "Even Belrug could not break this barrier. What do you think a dumb elf like you can do?"

"Now that wasn't very nice," Syel said as he placed his free hand against the barrier. To the Monig's surprise, the electricity stopped assaulting the elf. Instead, it seemed he had somehow made his body a relay junction: transferring the electricity back to the barrier without any damage to his own being. "Evil, disgusting, annoying, diabolical: I can be called many of these things and more, but I definitely ain't a fool," he said as his fingers dug into the barrier.