Epliogue 3: Hello again

"Every chance you get, grip it tight. Because everyday is a blessing, and every chance is a helping hand to a better chance in happiness.." - Dana Alison Swai, Beautiful Boy.

-

"Daddy?" The beautiful brunette girl speaks, with tear-stained cheeks and puffy, red eyes.

"Yes dear?" I say with a cough afterwards, feeling my head dizzier than ever.

"Do you have to go?" She asks hesitatingly, rubbing her left red eye, a tear streamed down her rosy cheek as she gripped my shaky hand. I smile.

"Do you remember the story I've told you about young Peter Pan?" I ask, smiling a bit too wide. She nods her head, and I cough again.

"Well, do you remember daddy's version of the story?" I ask again, painting her lips in a small, yet beautiful and visible smile. She nodded then started speaking again.

"There was once a little boy, who didn't want to grow big. He used to play with his toys, and always used to sing. He wore all green, and befriended a pretty fairy. His happiness was always seen, and smiles were all he used to carry. But then he went to neverland, up high in the dark sky. He stayed there on the sand, so happy that he can fly. And then he he grew sad, having no one around. And he honestly felt bad, that silence was the only sound. He started hearing a voice, stuck in the back of his mind..." She trails off, choking on her tears as she pouts, gripping my hand even tighter than before.

"He really didn't have much of a choice, so he just sat and sighed. Waiting for someone to come, it took him years. And when it came to that little someone, they only brought him tears. He thought he was going mad, he was crying for no good reason. But he was just really sad, he didn't notice the change of season. When summer turned into winter, and leaves turned from green to yellow. He knew he was in the center, but it was an echo of his own 'hello'. He went back to the city, and he did nothing but cry. The lights were so pretty, but not pretty enough for him to try. Try to survive his pain, and try to survive his sadness. But it was a part of his brain, which sucked him into madness. He took a drink after another, he wanted to forget. But he didn't want to bother, that little beeping target. It's telling him to not, it's telling him to let go. But it was that someone who bought, the end to his life and so. He was strong, and he was so brave. He did no wrong, but he's gone and there's only his name to crave.." I finish with a smile, which she gladly returns, and in comes my beautiful husband with a little Joseph in his arms.

"Darcy, do you want to play with your toys?" Clark asks, trying his best to smile but failing miserably, making my heart ache.

"No, I want to stay with daddy.." She trails of, wrapping her arms around mine, making me chuckle, which once again was followed with a throaty cough.

"I know sweetheart, but daddy is really sick, so why don't you play with them while daddy gets some rest, hmmm?" He asks again, which made the little brunette girl sighs in defeat, leaning in, she plants a kiss on my cheek before smiling a little and hopping off to play with her toys on the floor. Clark let out a long shaky breath, putting Joseph on the floor beside Darcy so they can enjoy each other's company and play together.

The blood runs from my veins and up into the white, look-through bag that's now half away packed with my blood. CHEMO THERAPY printed in black on it as a nose tube was inserted inside my nostrils, making it quite hard to breath. Clark takes a seat besides me, taking my hand in his as I hear him let out another shaky breath, the kind which notes the fact that he's been crying a lot. And I frown.

"Why are you so sad?" I ask, still frowning. He looks at me with such sad blue eyes, and sighs.

"What kind of question is that, Louis?" He asks, a little bit irritated by my question, and I don't blame his stressful self, he've been through so much.