Epilogue 1: Tell me

"Little do you know I need a little more time, underneath it all I'm held captive by the hole inside, I've been holding back all the feelings till you change your mind..." - Little do you know by Alex & Sierra.

{omf I missed writing sorry guys finals made me kms}

-

"You sure you're ready?" The same question roll of her lips for the thousandth time. I smile.

"Yes, mom, it's been two years, I've let go a long time ago.." I mutter the last sentence under my breath as she smile back. She lays a hand on my cheek. She kisses my forehead. She tells me she's proud of me. She says goodbye. I enter the tall, familiar building. This is it.

"Appointment for?" A girl with red curly hair asks, not even glancing at me, seated comfortably behind the wooden desk.

"Louis. Louis Tomlinson" I respond lightly, pushing all the nervousness aside. She glanced at me, a warm smile plastered on her lips.

"Mr. Tomlinson, it's very nice to see you. Mrs. Greene will meet you shortly" She spoke in her pitchy voice, and I smiled back. Taking a seat as my phone rang.

"Hello?" I answered, rubbing away the stress from my eyes.

"Hey Lou! How are you?" Niall's loud voice boomed through the speakers, making me cringe as I move the phone away from my ear. Boy, is he loud.

"Hi Ni, I'm good, yourself?" I ask, not helping the smile that found its way to my lips.

"I'm great- no, I'm not. Uh, I'm nervous. I don't know what's gonna happen Lou.." He mutters the last part, and I roll my eyes, literally.

"Ni, you're a gorgeous, smart, amazing and ambitious guy. I know he'll say yes, stop worrying or I'll kick your ass" I scowl sarcastically, he lets out a breathless chuckle. I smile again.

"Thanks Lou, but how are you so sure?" He asks, nervousness lacing the Irish boy's voice, and I roll my eyes. Again.

"Because he loves you and you love him. It's been almost 3 years, Ni. If you don't take this step now, then when?" I ask, but there's no response.

"I don't want to loose him just because I proposed too early.." He speaks, and I could feel him frowning from the other line. I sigh, shifting in my seat.

"You won't. C'mon, we both know Liam, we've known him since we were kids. Liam is deeply, truly, madly head-over-heels for you. He loves you and he won't love anyone but you. You have him forever, Ni, we both know it. You're both are inspirational. Don't doubt yourself, Ni. Heck, you could take him on the worst date ever and propose to him and he'll still throw his arms around you and say yes. That's love, Ni.." I explain, trying to calm my best friend's anxiety down a bit.

"You're right, Lou. I'm sorry for annoying you.." He trailed off with a sigh but I'm positive that he's not frowning anymore, but smiling.

Silence take over, and I close my eyes.

"Do you miss him so much that you feel like drowning?..." He asks, and my eyes snap wide open, his question took me by surprise. My breath gets caught in my throat as I felt a gulp rise in my throat.

"Yes.." I whisper lightly, maintaining my emotions well as I rubbed my eyes again.

"I miss him too.." He speaks lightly, and I sigh breathlessly.

"I know.." I answer back, a small smile painted on my lips.

"He loves you, Lou. Never forget that.." He trails off, and my smile only widen more as I push the fringe that's on my forehead away from my eye sight.