10- Without you

{ Chapter dedicated to: @changedbyyoutube' cos you make me smile :) }

-

Tick tock, goes the clock.

Tick tock, it'll never stop.

It fucking ticks and fucking tock's

It's making me insane and won't go away

When would the tick ticking stop?

Maybe if I killed myself?

Fucking tick, fucking tock

Maybe then my heart will stop..

-

"Don't mess this up Lou..." I told myself, stepping up the door steps as I came face to face with the door I haven't seen for four years. I let out a shaky breath, pressing the doorbell as I took a few steps back, waiting patiently.

"Lou? Is that you?" The soft voice of Ms. Gold boomed out, making me glance up at her, and she doesn't seem any different.

"Uh yeah hi" I breathed out, plastering a small smile on my lips as she pulled me in a hug surprisingly, making me hug back. She was always a second mother to me.

"We missed you" She breathed on my shoulder as she let go, cupping my shoulders as she stared at me, a wide smile on her lips.

"You haven't changed one bit" She spoke, patting my shoulders as I shot her a small smile back.

"Is.. Is Lili home?" I asked nervously, my palms getting sweaty a bit as I dried them on my jeans.

"No, she'll be back in half an hour though.. Would you like to come in for a cup of tea and some lemon cake? We both know you missed that cake as much as you missed Lili" She mused, laughing a bit, making me smile widely, 'cause damn does she makes the most incredible lemon cake ever.

"Sure.." I spoke making her smile widen as we both entered the house, her closing the door behind her as I looked around the house in curiosity, it haven't changed a lot, just a new couch and rug, maybe even re-painted the walls, but everything seemed as it is. I sighed, walking into the kitchen as I sat on the chair in front of the counter.

"Sugar or without?" She asked, pouring the hot water into the two cups which made the tea bags change the water's colour, making me glance at her as I saw her cutting the cake.

"Without" I simply reply, looking at my hands a bit.

"You seem bored, why not take a look at the house, aye? After all, you haven't been here for, what, three years?.." She asked quizzically, as I chuckled lightly.

"Four actually, and sure thanks.." I said as I stood up, walking into the living room as something catches my eye, the "fulfilled dreams wall" as Lili and Ms. Gold call it. It was basically a wall of photo frames, mostly from trips or adventures, but couples were holidays too.

I then looked at the first one. It was the Christmas where we all came together. Me, my family, Lili and Ms. Gold. I wasn't lying when I said I was really close to Lili, we were magnets, literally. I unhooked the photo frame from the hook, as I ran my thumb up and down the picture, replying the memory in my head.

Her hair was laying under her chest, her brown locks dangling freely as that wide, beautiful smile was plastered on her lips. Her olive skin was a bit darker, and her hazel eyes were sparkled with happiness. Wearing a short yellow dress, just above her knees as her arms were wrapped around my neck from behind, resting her chin on my shoulders as she gave that happy, big smile she never lost.