【22】Family Secrets

By the time I went back to my seat, I looked proper again, having redone my ponytail and wiped away the blurry mess of my makeup in the corner of my eyes

By the time I went back to my seat, I looked proper again, having redone my ponytail and wiped away the blurry mess of my makeup in the corner of my eyes. Only the pinkness of my cheeks was giving away what had just happened.

On my way up the aisle, it reassured me to see that everyone near the bathroom was either sleeping, watching a movie, or listening to something on their phones. None of them could have heard a thing, especially since we'd been remarkably silent.

When I reached our places, I found Lex on his laptop, working on something, his glasses back on his nose. His gaze followed my moves as I closed the partition and sat down, trying to act natural when I was still feeling galvanized. Between my legs, the memory of the pleasure lingered, as if carved in my flesh. It had been incredible, mind-blowing, cataclysmic, but it hadn't been enough. I would need way more than this if I wanted my hunger for Lex to be satiated.

I glanced at him, and we exchanged a knowing smile. We were officially partners in crime – our misdeed the most delicious of felonies. My eyes traveled over his attractive features, enjoying how tousled he looked now. His hair was a little messy, despite his attempt to arrange it, and his face was still slightly flushed, his eyes sparkling with satisfaction. My gaze drifted to his mouth, reminded of how his tempting lips and tongue had been pleasuring me minutes ago.

Because I was so absurdly whipped, and because I hadn't had even near my fill of him, I felt my arousal respawn from its ashes. I pressed my knees together, thinking it was subtle, but Lex caught it, and a muscle twitched on the side of his jaw as he clenched it.

Fuck, we were in such trouble...

"Did we make it worse?" he asked, his voice layered with guilt and frustration.

"I think we did."

It was very different to be longing for our shared intimacy when it dated back to weeks ago, the recollection of it altered with time. But now that we were very much reminded of how good we were together, it was impossible to ignore it.

"At least we got to join the Mile High Club," I humored, trying to break the tension. Lex nodded, his lips tensing in a thin line, and looked toward his screen. Oh, no... This was the face he made when he closed up, when there was something he didn't want to say. There weren't that many possibilities, given what I'd just said, so a twinge of jealousy struck my heart. "You had sex in an airplane before."

I didn't want to be petty, didn't want to blame him for his past. I was smarter than this. He was thirty-four, he'd lived a lot of things already, experienced much, much more than I had. So I shouldn't be surprised or disappointed. But the fact remained that some part of me hated it.

I'd thought only I could get past his strictness like this. Only I could make him throw his caution to the wind and have sex in the bathroom of an airplane. Lex wasn't the type of person to do something this reckless, this unnecessarily dangerous. But I was apparently wrong.