Chapter 26

So yeah, three days in and I have two exams and two assignments coming in two weeks. I'm gonna cry... IT'S TOO FREAKING EARLY FOR THIS NDOCUDHJSJCBSKSKC!! Anyways, please enjoy the chapter.

———————————————————————

The others had left a while ago and I stayed behind, waving off the offer on 'going home and taking a bath.' I didn't really care about that.

I just want Taro to wake up.

The others offered to stay behind with me, but I declined, saying it was fine and that their parents would probably be worried for them. But of all the others Kirishima insisted to stay behind, with his parents not home he said why not. And after much declining and offering, like the sucker I am, I accepted his offer. (... I don't wanna say it... but... YOU SIMP!!!)

My tired eyes nodded off, watching over Taro's sleeping state. His chest rose and fell with every breath he took. I tuck my legs up to my knees and hugged them close, keeping a tired eye on Taro. Kirishima walked in bearing gifts in hand, a (favourite hot drink) was what he brought. The steam from the hot beverage rose from the cup lid, as he took the seat next to me.

"It's hot." He handed me the warm drink, my hands instantly melted at its warm and comforting heat. A sigh escaped my mouth, satisfied with my gift. I took a sip at the hot drink but as the dumbass I am, I yelped burning my tongue. "Haha, told you." Kirishima laughed. Cooling my tongue with constant breaths in and out, I glared him before joining his laughter.

My tongue slowly cooling down I mumble, "What'd you get?" His head turned, and he smiles proudly. "I got a dark black coffee. Pretty manly right?!" I giggle, "Psh! That's nothing, I bet I could drink that." Kirishima's features looked as if he was up for the challenge. "Really? Okay, you try." He holds the cup towards me as I take it, a confident smile on my face. I look at the cup a little hesitantly, before pressing the cup to my lips (indirect kiss???🤔) and gulping a generous amount down. "Eelk! A bit too bitter for me." Blowing blueberries, taking the taste out of my mouth. (If you like this kind of coffee... I'm sorry, I respect you. I don't drink coffee at all. I drink milk. :) )

Kirishima let's out a chuckle, shaking his head and taking the cup back. "Told you. Manly." A toothy grin pulled at his lips, showing his full set sharp shark teeth.

(CUTIE!!!)

(CUTIE!!!)

'Cute!!' I could feel my heart instantly flutter at the sight of his innocent and sweet grin. "Heh, yeah... manly." I looked away from him, feeling a warm heat flush my face. My smile never left, I was a grinning idiot at this point. 'Oh, Kiri. If only you know what kind of effect you have over me.' I look over at Taro, my smile turning into a soft one.

"How'd the doctor check go?" Kirishima asked pulling out his phone. "Well, Doc' said 'Taro is in stable condition, and really should be waking up anytime now.' That's all though." I pull on my best doctor voice and mimic his words. "Okay, well... you wanna watch something on Netflix with me?" He held his phone out to me, waving around his AirPods as well. "Sure."

~Time Skip Brought to you by: Netflix and Pop-tarts!!~

I leaned my head on Kirishima's shoulder my eye still glued to the screen. We were watching (Netflix RomCom Series) (NOT 365 DAYS!!! NO!!! even though it's not a romcom NO!!!), and it was rather interesting to watch. I was rooting for the protagonist as much as I could, supporting him/her to confess before it was too late. 'Hmm... reminds me of someone... Nope! Doesn't ring a bell!!'

Suddenly, as my eyes were glued to the screen, I spotted shifting and movement from the corner of my eye, it was coming from on the hospital bed.

My body jolted up, paying my full attention to the moving figure. "Taro?" My breath hitched. My ears listened closely at Taro's heart rate began to speed up, the beeping of the monitors growing intense. Kirishima stood up too, placing his phone down on the chair. Panic rushed through me, my heart racing. "A-A doctor... We need a doctor!!" I stuttered in panic, walking up to Taro's side and taking his hand. Kirishima rushed out the door, looking around for a doctor.

I slowly rub my hands over his. "It's okay bro. You'll be okay." I whisper. I place a hand over my chest and clench at the fabric that touched my fingers. My mind constantly chanting and pleading for Taro to be okay. 'Please be okay! Please be okay! Please be okay!'

Not long, the door bursts open, causing me to jump a little and the abrupt action. A doctor, a female nurse and a male nurse rushed in and the doctor looked over at the monitors, "Take out the resuscitation equipment, NOW!!" The doctor ordered the two other nurses.

The two other nurses rushed over to a cupboard in the room and pulled out a medium-sized machine. The female nurse politely asked me to move to the side as they took their places on either side of Taro's hospital bed. Kirishima rushed in and attended my side wrapping a reassuring arm around my shoulders, pulling me in close. My hand slowly slipped away from my chest, as I slipped it under Kirishima's arm and hugged him tightly. Digging my head into his chest and looking away from the scene. My breath growing heavier and heavier with each suspenseful second.

My heart was beating fast and loud, I could hear it thumping in my head. *Thump thump* *Thump thump* I squeezed my eyes tight and clung desperately onto Kirishima. "Ssh. He's gonna be fine." Kirishima's soothing voice filled my ears, slowly filling my anxiety with hope. I slowly poke my head out from his chest and look up at him. A small smile pulled at his lips, but a weak look filled his eyes. A loud buzzing sound filled the room, followed by a comand, "Clear!!" *Thump thump* *Thump thump*

I felt my knees buckle. My leg grew weak. My body was shaking, and every inch of my body grew fragile as I continued to stand. *Thump thump* *Thump thump* My hands started shaking intensely. Suddenly the colours of Kirishima's crimson red locks grew dim and grey. And the colour around me faded, all soon turning grey and eventually turning... black.

Nothing.

Darkness.

None.

——————————————————————————————————
Them AirPods though.. I mean I still have wires that's how poor I am 😢. That about raps it up for another chapter today and I hope to write more soon. See ya, and have an awesome day or night!!