Ch 24.

This ones for you Megan! I didn't think anyone would be reading my story but people are actually reading it!!

I ran as fast as I could. I turned my head while running to see if he had catched up. But then I felt a hand on my wrist. I turned around and saw Marcus. Half of his body in the car and half of it out pulling me in. I felt a wave of relief come over me when I saw him. His hand was pulling me into the car so we could run away but then someone else was pulling me as well. I looked over to my other side and saw the guy from Earlier. His eyes filled with hatred. I felt my self tense up when I saw him. But then he let go of me. I watched his body drop down to the floor. Before I could even make out what I had just seen infront of me. Yet another person being killed by the person I called my "bestie". I was in Marcus's car. He pulled me onto his lap and just started driving. Somehow he had managed to get my legs around him. My legs wrapped around his waist and me clinging onto him for dear life. Because I really was. What had just happened? Is somebody trying to kill me? Why. I buried myself into Marcus's chest as he drove. After a while, the car stopped. Marcus pulled out his phone and started yelling angrily at the phone. He soon hung up the phone and turned his attention to me again.

Back to narrator POV-

Marcus looked down at Maddi who had not said a word since Marcus killed that guy. Yes he wasn't a good guy but Maddi Hated violence. Marcus sighed as he put his hands on her waist hugging her back.

Marcus- are you okay? Silence. Maddi didn't say anything. Maddi please. Talk to me. Maddi responded with a quiet sob that was slightly heard.

Maddi- I'm just so tired Marcus. Of running. Hiding. Being scared... living.

Marcus- hey, hey! Marcus said putting his hands on her face so she was looking at him. I'm sorry Maddi. I wish you didn't get involved in any of this. I'm sorry you even had to know me but you do. And there's nothing we can do about it now. But I promise you Maddison pierce, I will protect you with everything I have. He said not braking eye contact once. Tears dropped down maddis face. But these were different tears. With everything in her, she knew he meant it. So why not? Can you blame her for what she did next? She kissed Marcus. It was only for a second but it was still a kiss. She kissed his lips and hugged him again.

Maddi- thank you Marcus. They stayed there for a second. His car parked in god knows where. Just sitting there. In each other's arms. Away from the real world. But then Maddi actually pulled away form the hug and wiped her face. But there's something I need to ask you

Marcus- shoot.

Maddi- what's the big secret you can't tell me?

Marcus- Maddi...

Maddi- I know that's the whole point of a secret. You can't tell me. But please? Maybe then they won't have any leverage over you anymore. Marcus didn't say anything. No wait! Let me guess. I actually have a great guess. I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Marcus- oh. Umm sure go ahead... he said hesitantly.

Maddi- ok so. I think that we both know what I'm thinking. I mean it's pretty obvious now that we're like besties and everything but to the Normal eye, nobody would even think about. Ok so. I'll just say it. You're in a gang? Right?!

So what could Marcus really do? He wasn't losing her. And he didn't what to break her heart. And she definitely didn't need to find out today if all days.

Marcus- yeah actually. You're right! How'd you know?!

Maddi- it's obvious. The killing and all your 'friends me and their guns.

Marcus- and you're fine with that?

Maddi- well it hit me a long time ago so I've had time to register. You could say. And I really don't accept any less from you. Kidding. Kind of.

Marcus- ok but Maddi. You can't tell anyone. I'm not joking. Not even Britney. You don't talk about this ever again. Ok? It's for your own good.

Maddi- ok...

At 1am...

Marcus- ok. You need to stay at my house. It's too dangerous for you to go home tonight. I already told Kol.

Maddi- ok. Maddi said with her voice filled with fear. Marcus looked Over at her terrified face.

Marcus- hey. It's gonna be fine. He said putting his hand on her leg comforting her. They got to his house and walked in. All of his friends were in the dining room talking. Marcus was gonna go to them but Maddi didn't want to.

Marcus- come on. It'll be fun.

Maddi- I'm tired Marcus. I'm gonna just go to sleep. Marcus sighed.

Marcus- fine. You can go in my room. You can pick out something to wear. Maddi nodded as she went upstairs. She went into Marcus's room while Marcus went to have a drink. Maddi picked out an oversized shirt and put it on. Well it's regular on Marcus. She put her hair up into a bun. She sat on the bed for a while, waiting for Marcus. But he didn't come. She sighed as she opened the door. She made her way down the hallway and to the stairs. She was about to reach the bottom when Marcus noticed her. He quickly went over to her and grabbed her wrist. He took her back to his room and locked the door.

Marcus- what are you wearing?

Maddi- Clothes.

Marcus- Maddi you cant wear that.

Maddi- why?!? What's wrong with it?

Marcus- you aren't WEARING PANTS!

Maddi- THERES no point. They're way too big anyways.

Marcus- Maddi you cant walk around the house dressed like that with these two of people in it.

Maddi- you mean people like you?

Marcus- I mean people that will do anything they want. They'll hurt you and be able to sleep like a baby.