Ch. 22

NARRATOR POV-

Marcus slammed their door and left. Maddi leaned against the door and sat down. She brought her knees up to her chest and put her head down. She took a shaky breath in.

Maddi- no I can't cry again... but I just lost my bestie. She said quietly to herself. She lowered her head even more as her eyes were burning. But then she couldn't hold it back anymore. She let out a silent sob. But I don't understand one thing. If she really did like him (as a bestie of course), why did she make a huge fight and make him leave? Maddi say there got a few seconds crying but then after a while, she got up and wiped her tears away. 

Maddi- no. No more crying. She quickly got up and went downstairs. She went straight to the kitchen and got a cup of coffee. She got her coffee,phone and sat down on the island. Marcus was sitting on the couch with the boys. Out of the corner of his eyes he saw maddis face. Her eyes were red and puffy from all the crying. But it's not like he could do anything about it. Maddi drank her coffee and turned off her like phone. She put the cup on the sink and went back to the island. She looked down and saw all the glass from yesterday. She kneeled down to pick up the bigger pieces of glass. Marcus looked at Maddi and saw her picking the glass up with her bare hands. He wanted to go over there and tell her not to pick it up. Tell her that he'd pick it up. But why would he now? He couldn't. Maddi said he didn't care so he was going to play his role. Maddi threw away the glass and cleaned the rest up with a broom. Then there was a knock on the door. The boys all looked at Maddi expect Marcus of course.

Maddi- it's Britney. I'll get it. She said quietly. She walked over to the door and opened it. Britney stood there with a smile on her face. She pulled Maddi into a tight hug.

Britney- It's ok not to be fine. She whispered into her ear with a heart full smile. Maddi smiled. A painful but also happy smile. Britney walked into the house greeting and smiling at all the boys until...

Britney- Marcus... she said with disgust in her voice. Marcus rolled his eyes. Maddi grabbed Britney by her arm and took her to her room. She slammed the door shut.

Britney- ok what's wrong?

Maddi- me and Marcus are no longer... ummm friends if you'll even call it that.

Britney- oh... do you wanna maybe talk about it?

Maddi- not really. But I wanted you here. Since you know you're my bestie and I had the worst couple of days.

Britney- of course! We can have a fun day. Or lazy day as you want. But let's go to the grocery store first. Get some snacks so we can spend the whole day in bed. She laughed.

Maddi- actually I was hoping I could stay at your house.  I really don't want to see my mom...

Britney- YES! That'll be so much fun. Pack your bags. It's a sleepover! Maddi smiled at her overly excited friend. Britney has always put a smile on her own face and maddi's face. Maddi grabbed her backpack and stuffed her stuff in it. Britney was about to open Maddis door but Maddi stopped her in time.

Maddi- I don't wanna see them. We can leave another way. She said pointing to the window. Oh come on. You've snuck in and out before Britney. And I'll tell my brother

Britney- fine but only because you're sad right now. Maddi grabbed her bag and opened the window. She walked out to the roof and Britney followed. She shut the window quietly. They climbed their way down to the bottom and slowly made their way to Britney's car. While Britney was driving, Maddi texted her brother.

Maddi- hey I'm going to Britney's house for the night. So don't wait around for me.

Kol- ok. Where are you?