CH. 11

Kol- "Imean just don't do anything Mom wouldn't be happy to know. just don't F*@k him. Ok?"

Maddi was so embarrassed that Marcus had to hear that.

Maddi- "BYE kol." she hung up the phone and looked at Marcus with her cheeks burning red.

Maddi- "umm he was joking. I think." Marcus had a smirk on his face.

marcus- "whatever mads"

Maddi and Marcus both turned around and went to their rooms. Maddi went into her room and tried to get some sleep. She laid there for about an hour just staring at the roof. After a while she gave up and decided to go on a walk to help her sleep. She took Marcus's jacket and put it around herself. Then she went down to the lobby and went outside. The cold air hit her. She decided to just walk around the city on the sidewalks. She walked for about 5 minutes. When she was walking she kept on hearing footsteps getting closer. But she was too scared to actually look back and then she felt someone put their hands on her waist. She got scared and screamed.

Marcus- "woah maddi calm down." Maddi realized that it was Marcus and hugged him. That really scared her. "m-maddi? are you okay?"

Maddi- she sighed. "yeah I'm fine." she backed away so she wasn't hugging him anymore.

Marcus- "then why are you walking out here?"

Maddi- "I couldn't sleep"

marcus- "well you can't just walk around here alone in the middle of the night. Do you know how many weirdos there are?"

Maddi sighed- "you're the only weirdo I ran into."

Marcus- "ugh I don't know what I'm gonna do with you"

Maddi- "what do you mean? I'll walk around and then when I get tired I'll go back to the hotel. And why are you here?"

Marcus- "I have some things I need to do and don't change the topic."

Maddi- "I'm fine Marcus."

Marcus- "come on. I'll take you to my car."

Maddi- "no it's really okay. I'll even walk back right now to the hotel. You can go."

Marcus- no that's not happening. I promised your brother I wouldn't let anything happen to you. And a De Marche never breaks their word. Come on, follow me."

Maddi- "fine"

MARCUS POV-

Maddi and I started walking towards my car. But then me and maddi saw a homeless guy. Maddi didn't pay attention to it very much. She was lost in her thoughts. But I noticed that the guy was staring at Maddi. He was obviously high or something. I could feel that Maddi was uncomfortable. So I took my arm and put it around maddi's waist. She was clearly scared but who the he!! goes on a walk in the middle of the night. Thats just dumb. Then that same homeless guy F$%KING catcalled her.

HG- "hey baby girl. Why don't you come over and give me a smooch"

I felt Maddi tense up but she kept on walking. I was seriously gonna beat the $hit out of that guy. But I knew that wouldn't make Maddi any happier. I tightened my grip on Maddi's waist. I guess she noticed.

Maddi- "i-its ok..."

BACK TO NARRATOR POV-

They walked to Marcus's car. Maddi got in and took a deep breath. Marcus looked at maddi with worried eyes. Marcus was supposed to drive Maddi back to the hotel but then he got a call. Maddi didn't know what it was about but it seemed like business. Marcus hung up the phone and looked at Maddi.