CH. 28

Maddi- "axel..."

Axel- "miss me?"

Maddi-"w-what are y-you doing he-here."

Axel- "I-I" he mocked her letting out a low chuckle. "It's been a while mads"

Maddi- don't call me that. You can't anymore. Not after EVERYTHING that happened. Don't call me that.

Axel- Maddie come on. That was a long time ago. How about we forget the past and move on. New beginnings. Hi I'm axel. He said with a slight smile.

Maddie- axel I need to leave. Like before this conversation started I needed to not be having this conversation. I need to not be standing right here with your stupid smile. I need to leave. She said trying to walk away but he grabbed her arm pulling her back towards him.

Axel- say your name. New beginnings.

Maddi- no STO-

Axel- say. Your name.

Maddi- Maddi. She choked out. My name is maddi...

Axel- hello mads. Can I called you that?

Maddi- "no-" she stopped when axel tightened his grip on her arm. "Yes."

Marcus- what's going on here. Are you okay Maddie. Marcus said grabbing maddies hand trying to pull her closer to him but axel pulled her closer to him.

Axel- nothing. She's fine

Marcus- wasn't asking you was I? Maddie. Is EVERYTHING fine here?

Maddi- p-perfect.

Marcus- okay then let's get you back to the hotel. It's getting late. Maddi slowly nodded her head before looking at axel again.

Axel- well we will meet again Maddi. He said before giving her a evil smile before walking away. Maddi stood there frozen until Marcus grabbed her wrist pulling her outside of the club. She kept on walking letting him direct the way.
When they got outside marcus took off his flannel putting it around Maddi.

Marcus- so who was that? Marcus asked knowing it had been killing him to ask but Maddi didn't reply as she just looked into the street as the cars drove by.

They got back to the hotel as they went down the hall going separate ways. Maddi went to her room as she let the door close behind her. She pulled her rubber band out of her high pony tail letting her brown hair fall to her sides. She ran a hand through her hair as she walked through the dark looking for the light switch. The dark Never scared maddi. She sort of liked the unknown. It intrigued her. Until it didn't.

A hand grabbed her wrist pinning her against the wall. A tiny scream came out of her room but not loud enough to be heard as it was muffled by SOMEONES hand being thrown onto her mouth. Maddi knew Marcus was just down the hall. She had to think fast. This persons hand was on her mouth while another was on her wrist holding her against the wall.
Maddi finally decided to open her eyes and look at this person. It was dark. But so we're this persons eyes. Dark. Mysterious. Darker than his soul.
Maddi was about to bring her knee up to this persons crouch trying to make time to run away.

?- don't. Even. Think. About. It. The persons voice was deep. Too deep. This was definitely a man. Had Maddi looked the devil in the eyes? 
Maddis eyes widened as she still stared into the mans eyes as her eyes began to water. The man tightened his grip on maddis wrist as she felt a burning sensation. A blade. It cut through her skin but not too deep to bleed. Just to scar. Just to burn. Maddi winced trying to get out of his hold. Why couldn't she move? Her breathing had gotten deeper and she wasn't able to move. Wasn't able to make a noise. Could this be how it ended for he-

Marcus- Maddi? *there was a knock on the door.  Suddenly the man let go of his grip on maddi. She ran to the door answering it as the light from the hallway lit up just a portion of the room.

Maddi- Marcus?

Marcus- are you okay? You didn't seem fine in the club and definitely don't seem fine no- *he said staring at the mascara running down my eyes.

Maddi POV-

Maddi- I'm fin- can I stay the night with you please? I just don't wanna be alone. He nodded as I looked behind me but there was no one there. Had I just made it all up? Was it cause I was drunk? Did I make myself think a person was about to kill me? What no. That's legitimately crazy. I couldn't have. But did I?- i am going to just say I did make it up. After all I'm drunk in New York City.

Marcus opened his hotel door again as I slowly went inside. Yes I hated him for ruining my world but why was he the one person I knew I could trust right now. The one person I felt safe with even if the whole world caves in. It's crazy really, a killer who had killed many people on the occasion just happens to be my night and shining armor? No I'm crazy. But this is what my life has turned into. After all, I was built for this life wasn't. Dear old daddy would be proud I didn't become a teacher or something. But then again he never wanted me around Marcus or his family.

I was stuck in my thoughts when Marcus threw a shirt at me. I snapped back into the real world seeing him with his shirt off as I widened my eyes.

Marcus- oh thank god. I THOUGHT you were possessed. He said turning on the shower. I threw the shirt back at him as I kicked off my heels getting into the covers. I didn't even realize my head was ponding because of axel and then- the hotel room monster dream- or was it real. I'm too drunk for this

Marcus- Maddi what are you thinking about- are you ACTUALLY possessed- don't make me take you to a church

Maddi- FUNNY. 😐 if you walked into a church it would set to flames. Marcus smirked as she stepped over to the bed. I was staring at the ceiling so he got on top of me as his cross chain dangled over me. Funny since hes the devil.

Marcus- are you calling me evil or smoking hot? He smiled a little at his own joke

Maddi- I'm calling you a monster who's gonna burn in the flames 😁

Marcus- and what? You're an Angel aren't you? Flying high

Maddi- nope! I'll be burning with you for eternity sadly. His smile dropped as he furrowed his eyes brows confused.

Marcus- what are you hiding miss Maddison?

Maddi- a lot. I said closing my eyes as I was about to fall asleep any second.

Marcus- night night Angel. He whispered before getting into the shower