Extra Chapters: Catherine

A/N: This extra short chapter is here for those who are curious to know what happened to Catheirne.

The set of The Scorch Trials was bustling with activity. The actors were getting prepared to shoot their next scene. Thomas brought Catherine over that day to keep her mind off the things that were currently stressing her out. She's usually excited to be brought to the set. She loved to see how movies are made. She also loved seeing her cousin work.

She used to be excited when she saw Dylan O'Brien. But she got over her embarrassing crush on him. They're friends now and he sees her as a little sister. That's probably what made her get over him.

But no matter what happened in the set that day, Catherine couldn't be torn away from her thoughts. She was going to enter college for the next school year. She still didn't know what course she was going to get.

Some people say that this is a really serious decision. While others say that since her parents are rich, she could take as many courses as she wanted. But she didn't want to be like that. She wanted to be responsible.

She thought that maybe her parents would push her to learn about their business, but they didn't. It may sound weird but she wanted them to. At least her decision was made for her. But it wasn't her who they wanted to take over the business, but her big brother Matt. He's in college taking a business course. Maybe she could follow his footsteps so that she could support him one day.

But she didn't think she'd have fun with that. She never really found it interesting. The course she should take should be something she's passionate about. But what could be something she's passionate about that she could use to make money off one day?

"Hey Catherine," James stood right beside her.

"Hi James."

Catherine couldn't remember when they became close or were able to talk with each other. It felt quite surreal that she was talking with the write of The Maze Runner series. It was because of him everyone was here right now.

"There's something I want to ask you," he said.

"What is is it?"

"I heard that you were trying to pick a college course. Any luck?"

"No," she sighed.

"Well, I have a suggestion. I know that you write some short stories. I've seen some of your entries."

Catherine blushed. It's true that she found herself writing one day around June or July. She just found herself so sad or wishing for someone. Although she didn't know who. Somehow, she found an outlet in writing. She became serious about it and started to give some entries to some magazines.

"I'm not sure. It's something I love, but I'm scared that if I take the course I might hate writing."

"True, but you have potential."

"If I say yes, then what?"

James had a victorious smile on his face. "I'll introduce you to someone. They'll be sure to help you."

Read

Love

Comment

Vote

Share

Follow

❤️ Once_Upon_A_Glade